April 2013 Moms

Leaving LO overnight

Has anyone left LO overnight with family yet? I wonder when we will be ready for this.... I am so looking forward to the day when DH and I can have a date night and come home to a whole night alone. Feel like we need to rekindle a bit....and then sleep! 

Re: Leaving LO overnight

• We did at 8 weeks with my mom, who is the only person I trust. Went to spend the night in San Antonio which is about 3 hours away, it was great but I missed her. Nice to have a little break though! 
  • We have a couple times. But the girls were already sleeping through the night and I didn't leave until they were already sleeping and then they woke up to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish but not ready. We went out last night for our second date night. It was a concert so this was a bit later and picking LO up at almost midnight wasn't great. Having to wake her up to get her in the carseat, etc.

I told DH I'd feel better once her schedule is a bit more routine and she sleeps a little longer at night.
  • It will be a long time before this happens. Lol
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • We left Ava overnight for a wedding when she was five months old. It'll be harder this time, since it's a bigger favor to ask my parents to watch both kids and Mila is EBF, whereas Ava was a mix of bf and formula at that point. H and I are planning a big baby-free vacation next spring though! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageRussianMommy:
    It will be a long time before this happens. Lol

Yep very long time!
    We don't have any family near by.
  • imageRussianMommy:
    It will be a long time before this happens. Lol

Same! A lonnnnng time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not even close to ready yet! Which is so crazy because by the time my twins were 3 months old they had stayed overnight at least half a dozen times. But, we were so much younger, there were two of them, I wasn't breastfeeding, and I feel like I've just grown up a lot as a mom and am not as dependent in our families. Oh and also we've had so many losses that I've since developed a complex about leaving this little guy haha! We have been on dates, but it will be a loooong time before I'm ready for an overnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went away for three nights. It was A-MAZ-ING. I missed him, but it was wonderful. The only bad thing was that my religious pumping boosted my milk supply to the point that I am completely out of storage. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was 6 mos before we even went on a date let alone overnight. He was probably 16 mos or so the first time we left him over night at my ILs. I expect about the same with DD as I EBF and can't seem to pump anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just got back from a two night rafting trip. LO was with his grandparents.

I missed him. But it was awesome.
    -Jackie "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon
  • I know we will the end of Aug - she will be 4 mo. We might before then, and i am ready. My sister is ready to take both overnight now but as a courtesy i would want DD to sleep all night if she has both.
  • We did at 6 weeks - left her with my mom. It was my birthday and our first date night. It was hard and I called several times, but it was nice to come home and be able to sleep in the next morning.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• twice so far. LO is 12 weeks. each time i missed her, but enjoyed the free time 
  • We did it for the first time this last Saturday for our anniversary. It was only an hour away for about 24 hours, but it was a fabulous break! Left him with my mom and they had a good time. He's 13 wks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"