Baby Names
Options

Major lurker needs opinion for girl!

I've been lurking for a couple of year in various boards but rarely post! With 5 weeks left until our second daughter arrives via csection, meaning I'll be too loopy to make make a decision at birth, we are struggling with a name. Our dd1 is Livia Mae. I LOVE her name. FN is rare despite its obvious connection to the popular Olivia names, yet very historical. We receive tons of compliments and it fits her!
Our current name choices for dd2 are:
Myla Elise
Elise Juliette
I think my husband prefers Myla as he thinks it flows better with our last name. My feeling is nothing flows with our last name, lol! Long Polish name with all barely any vowels! He also likes that it is less popular, but he will give into anything I like. i don't want him to just settle. I found that the name Myla dates back to the early 1900's.
I think I tend to prefer the classical Elise, but we do have a 2nd cousin with this name see maybe once a year and we are trying very hard to avoid duplicate names within the families.

Feedback? Thank so much in advance.

Re: Major lurker needs opinion for girl!

• Options
    what happens to punctuation on this site? I swear I have appropriately placed commas in my post!
    PP I do have a minor fear of the myla/mila connection as well. Mila is so popular. I'm afraid she often be assumed to be a Mila with a unique spelling. But I can get over that. With Livia I knew we would always have people thinking she is "Olivia." Sometimes we do, but I have always felt that those who need to know her name will. Teachers, family, friends, etc. I could really care less if the crazy old woman at the grocery store misunderstands her name! Lol!
  • Options
    I really like Livia too, I think both Myla and Elise pale in comparison...sorry. I do really like Juliette Elise though, I think Juliette is a little more in Livia's lane so to speak.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for all your feedback...we like Juliette as well but there's a good friend of the family with a similar name and a huge portion of the family will assume that we named her after the friend as an honor, which would truly
    make NO sense but we would
    never be able to convince them of that and I would be annoyed by it! Ha!
  • Options
    I'm actually not a big fan of Elise. I, however, like Myla and Juliette.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    Elise Juliette.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Livia. Do not care for Myla. Elise sounds much better with Livia. I think Livia and Myla sound too similar with the A endings.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I like Elise Juliette a little more, but Myla Elise is pretty too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I prefer Elise, but Myla is beautiful too! Can't go wrong!

• Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member

Livia is beautiful!

I like Elise best, both independently and in the sibset. Myla always strikes me as containing a trendy y even though I know it's the normal spelling of the name. 

• Options

Livia is great.  Myla and Elise are really nice too.

How about Anya?  I think it is so pretty, and you avoid the Mia/Mila issue.  

Origin and Meaning of the Name Anya

Debate this name infoDebate this name info

Girl

Origin:

Russian

Meaning:

Favor, grace

Origin:

Sanskrit

Meaning:

The inexhaustible

Pronunciation:

(AHN ya); (AWN ya)  

• Options
    elise juliette
  • Options
    I don't like Myla at all... It sounds made up. You could do "Mila". Elise is okay, but NMS. A little too simple for me.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ZimgerZimger member

I prefer Elise. 

I think Livia and Elise make a great sib set. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE Myla!
    FORMERLY NADCHAEL.

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I prefer Elise to Myla.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    I love Elise. I wanted to use it as a MN for my daughter, but fiance vetoed it. I also really like Myla though, so I don't think I'm much help in deciding. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"