Baby Names
Options

Harrison?

We like this name but not Harry...do you think Harris as a nn would stick? Is Harrison too trendy? Help!

Re: Harrison?

• Options
    I feel lie parents set any NN that will stick with their kids! So Harris would probably be the nn if that's what you asparents used! Also, I'm Midwest and I don't think it's too trendy at all
  • Options
    I went to school with a Harrison and it was never shortened. We always called him Harrison. He is in his mid 20s now and the name has aged very well with him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I adore Harrison. If DH and I have a boy, that's our number one choice. I think Harris would stick. I don't think it's trendy.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Options
    Why can't he just be called Harrison? The ones I know go by their full name.
  • Options
    I knew a Jefferson who only goes by Jefferson, so I would think a Harrison could get away with only being Harrison. And I think Harris would work as an alternative to Harry.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS mn is Harris because it was my maiden name. I love it! I definitely think if you want to call him Harris you could.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a Harrison and call him Harry as a nn.  At first we were adamant that we wouldn't call him Harry, but it's just so quick and easy to say...it just kinda happened.

We've gotten more comments about the name Harry.  It fits our sons impish personality so well.  And now days people associate the name with Harry Potter, Prince Harry. and Harry Styles.  

Whatever you call your DS, it's a great name! 

• Options

I love the name Harrison, it would be on our list if it wasn't so bad with our last name. Harris would have been the nn we went with too, I think if you use it enough and insist on it you will be able to leave Harry in the dust. I don't care for Harry either.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    I love the name Harrison! It's on our list of potential boy names. I agree with you, we would use the nn Harris. Harry is too common for my liking!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"