Stay at Home Moms

Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

Got to have some rules, here.

- If you want your child's name judged, you can't get mad when people judge it.

- If you are judging an existing child's name, you can be honest, but please be mindful of peoples' feelings. "I find it old-fashioned" is always nicer than "It sounds like an old lady."

- Same holds true for potential children, but not quite as much. 

- You should probably only participate if you actually don't give a flying fark what people think of your kids' names, but are only mildly curious about it given the previous post.

Sound good? I'll kick it off. 

Two boys. Finn Theodore and Clayton Lee. Judge my naming skills!

Re: Bored? Anyone want to throw their name choices out to be judged?

• Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing.

Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageteam_kirsten:
    Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing. Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander

Leilani Carolina - Hawaiian-Southern fusion. Like them both. 

Jayden Alexander - Jayden always makes me think of Will Smith's son. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageteam_kirsten:
    Finn Theodore sounds very civil war era to me...if that makes any sense lol and not that that's a bad thing. Leilani Carolina and Jayden Alexander

~I agree that Finn and Clayton sound very southern but I like them (I'm from the south

~I like Leilani a lot.

Matthew Lee and Leah Carolyn 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLoriLee14:

imageteam_kirsten:

~I agree that Finn and Clayton sound very southern but I like them (I'm from the south

~I like Leilani a lot.

Matthew Lee and Leah Carolyn 

I would assume from those that you are very traditional. 

• Hizzo- love both the names. 

Kirsten- You are new, I pass. Smile 

DD is Lillie Kate, named after the same person I got my first name from. We were named after my great grandmother. It was a double name to begin with, but only a handful of people call her that. She goes by Lillie or Lil.  

• I like Matthew and Leah or is her name pronounced Lee like his middle name?
  • Aw, I love the name Finn! No real feelings, positive or negative, toward Clayton.

Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageKateMW:

Hizzo- love both the names. 

DD is Lillie Kate, named after the same person I got my first name from. We were named after my great grandmother. It was a double name to begin with, but only a handful of people call her that. She goes by Lillie or Lil.  

New to posting, yes. I've been a lurker for a little over 3 years.  :)

• imageKateMW:

I dearly love Lily (that's just the way I would spell it.) It was at the top of my "when I have a daughter" list when I was single. I thought I would use the name Elizabeth and nick-name Lily. I also love Kate, but dislike Katie and Catherine. Actually, Catherine is fine, but I don't like it well enough to give it to a child. 

At any rate, thumbs up on those. 

• imageKateMW:
    I like Matthew and Leah or is her name pronounced Lee like his middle name?

Le-ah

And it would be right on about being traditional. Lee and Carolyn are both family names.

• imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo I like both of those! DS1 is Conner Joseph I got the name, H got the spelling. DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional.

DS is Tucker David.

I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • imageMrs.Greg:
    Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?

I like the twins names better, but I do like Lydia. They are mouthfuls though! Smile

• imageMermaids&Magic:

I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.

Ramona Mae Makes me think of Beverly Cleary.

Cordelia Jane Makes me think of Anne of Green Gables.

Wilhelmina  Aria Very old fashioned, but cute.

Warren Ferris I think of a banker.

• imageMermaids&Magic:

I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.

Ramona Mae

Cordelia Jane

Wilhelmina  Aria

Warren Ferris

Liam Ferris

Parker Warren

They're all too trendy for me and they don't really flow together. They're not bad names really, but they don't seem like names you have any sort of personal connection too. Are any of them family names? 

• imageMermaids&Magic:

Ramona Mae

Cordelia Jane

Wilhelmina  Aria

Warren Ferris

Liam Ferris

Parker Warren

I like Parker the best out of all those names

• imageMermaidsMagic:
    I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.Ramona MaeCordelia JaneWilhelmina nbsp;AriaWarren FerrisLiam FerrisParker Warrennbsp;

Ramona would always make me think of Judy Blume, and Wilhemina would always make me think of Ugly Betty. Kinda like Cordelia. Boys names are meh for me. But I love Ella. :]

Due 12/29/2012
  • imageDiapers&Wipes:
    Finn and Clayton sound very southern and gentlemen like. DD is Ava Michelle and DS will be Blake Thomas

I like Ava, not a big Michelle person. Like Blake Thomas, though I might flip it to flow better. I am a big flow person. 

• imageMrs.Greg:
    Aw, I love the name Finn! No real feelings, positive or negative, toward Clayton. Mine are Lydia Nelle Marie, Anna Sophia Rose and Fiona Elizabeth Kaye. A bit of a mouthful for each, huh?

Lydia was on our girl's list, I think it's very classy. I don't have any real opinion about Anna, and I think Fiona is pretty but sounds very Irish. Not in a bad way, just Irish. 

• imageKateMW:

I like it when names mean something more than you just found them out of a book. I like that it is something that she will share with you and with your family and great grandmother. And I like Philip even though you didn't share it here

• imageLalaMama81:

Have an Eleanor Mae & a Violet Frances. 

Potential names girl: Caroline, Elizabeth or Cecelia, boy: Holden William

Love Eleanor Mae and Frances. I've never been a huge fan of Violet {or any flower names...oh the irony!}, but it pairs well with Frances. I would pair it with Caroline or Elizabeth. I love William.  

• imageLalaMama81:

Love Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :). Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden - too trendy w/ the Y for me.  

They are very old fashion. Do you call her Eleanor? or a nickname? And I like Violet.

• imageDiapers&Wipes:
    Finn and Clayton sound very southern and gentlemen like. DD is Ava Michelle and DS will be Blake Thomas

I like Ava, it's very classic. Blake makes me think of a soap-opera character, but it's also my nephew's name, so it makes me think of him, too.

• imageSpooko:
    I'll throw out the misses for DD. Geoffrey Eric if she was a boy and Graciella Josephine was my runner up for her.

Geoffrey is very classic and NMS. Graciella is definitely NMS, and I'm sure she'd always be called Gracie, which is what DH's exwife calls their daughter. For that reason, I hate it. Her name is Grace, btw.

Due 12/29/2012
  • It's stressing me out to see her name spelled "wrong" LOL 

Lillie is the very old fashioned way to spell it, popular in the 1900s. People used to ask me if it was a youneek spelling. Almost had to choke them. 

• I love FInn

Clayton-unique...I only have heard it once before

Leilani-sounds Hawaiian but pretty 

Jayden-common in classroom right now

Matthew-traditional

Leah-I haven't heard that one in a while.

DS: Bradley David

Future girl (if we ever get one) Madelyn Michelle (this is DH's pick & I'm not a fan so feel free to flame that one!) 

• imageSpooko:
    I'll throw out the misses for DD. Geoffrey Eric if she was a boy and Graciella Josephine was my runner up for her.

Geoffery is a good solid boys' name. I think Graciella would have sounded like you were trying too hard. Unless you're seriously Italian. But I adore Josephine. 

• imagekayla&joe:
    Finn is not my style but I like it and think it goes well. Clayton is obviously a fantastic name! Mine are: Clayton Eugene Chance Joseph Cutter Anthony We did not plan on all C names but once we had two we loved we figured why not one more.

I am not a fan of the name Anthony because of the nickname Tony. But it is my husband's middle name (and his dad) and will be the middle name if we have another boy, but he will go by his first name

• imageMermaidsMagic:
    I know my current kid's name is awesome, but here are potential future names we're tossing around.Ramona MaeCordelia JaneWilhelmina nbsp;AriaWarren FerrisLiam FerrisParker Warrennbsp;

I think your boys' names are great, my favorite is Liam. I wanted it on our list of boy names but DH thought it sounded like it was short/nickname for William and he doesn't like the name William. Your girls' names are not my style.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageLalaMama81:
    imageKateMW:
    imageLalaMama81:

Love Eleanor Mae and Frances. I've never been a huge fan of Violet {or any flower names...oh the irony!}, but it pairs well with Frances. I would pair it with Caroline or Elizabeth. I love William.  

Ironic for sure. I like William, but don't like any of the nicknames and I don't think I'd want to use just William. DH is sold on Holden, has been for years. I'd rather Oliver, Samuel, Benjamin, Silas, Garrett...but alas, I don't think I'll be "winning."

I love Oliver and would love it if my husband would go for it

• Cadence Elizabeth. Future kids...Michael Patrick for a boy. Not sure for a girl. I like all the names here, not being a kiss ss, I really do.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageKateMW:

It's stressing me out to see her name spelled "wrong" LOL 

Lillie is the very old fashioned way to spell it, popular in the 1900s. People used to ask me if it was a youneek spelling. Almost had to choke them. 

I don't doubt you, but I'd have spelled it like the flower. Not because it's better, just because that's how I think of it. 

• imageLalaMama81:

Love Lillie and Finn. Clayton is NMS but perfectly fine. I'm partial to Leah b/c it's my name, :). Matthew is a total classic. I can't do Jayden - too trendy w/ the Y for me.  

Love both Eleanor and Violet, as well as the middle names. Very feminine and classy.

• imageLoriLee14:
    imageLalaMama81:
    imageKateMW:
    imageLalaMama81:

Ironic for sure. I like William, but don't like any of the nicknames and I don't think I'd want to use just William. DH is sold on Holden, has been for years. I'd rather Oliver, Samuel, Benjamin, Silas, Garrett...but alas, I don't think I'll be "winning."

I love Oliver and would love it if my husband would go for it

Oliver was one of our names in the beginning. Love it! 

• imageDiapersWipes:
    Finn and Clayton sound very southern and gentlemen like.

DD is Ava Michelle and DS will be Blake Thomas

Love Ava and Blake! Michelle and Thomas are ok but I love your LO's first names.
  • imagerockyrollgirl:
    Cadence Elizabeth. Future kids...Michael Patrick for a boy. Not sure for a girl. I like all the names here, not being a kiss ss, I really do.

I like Cadence. Are you musical? And I like Patrick

• imageMrs.Hizzo:
    imageKateMW:

It's stressing me out to see her name spelled "wrong" LOL 

I don't doubt you, but I'd have spelled it like the flower. Not because it's better, just because that's how I think of it. 

I get it, but she's named after somebody. Couldn't {and wouldn't have, since I hate flower names. LOL} have changed it. I don't believe in the whole "honoring somebody with a name really close" LOL But I totally get why people spell it that way. 

• imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo- I like both of those!

DS1 is Conner Joseph (I got the name, H got the spelling). DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.

I've always liked Conner. I have no real opinion about Andrew. I think it's a nice name, but I grew up with so many Andrews that I'm sort of immune to it. 

• my best friend just named her daughter Cloe. I tried to tell them to keep the "H" in (Chloe) but I guess my vote didn't weigh much in that conversation.

• imageHollylb3:
    imageCnAmom:
    Hizzo I like both of those! DS1 is Conner Joseph I got the name, H got the spelling. DS2 is Andrew James. I think this is the first time I shared both of their names on here.
    Very classic names. I would assume you're traditional. DS is Tucker David. I'm not that traditional but the MN is my dad's name, and DH and I couldn't agree on anything else. :]

I like Tucker, I've always liked the way it rolls off your tongue. There is the obvious trouble with what it rhymes with, but beyond that, I think it's good. 

• imagecjcouple:
    Awww. So many nice names. Brayden Shawn and Lucas Michael Ftr I really dislike Shawn but its a family name on dh side and since it was middle name I said fine. Ha Michael is after my dad and l love it.

I'm not a Brayden, Jayden, Aiden fan, but I like the rest of them. I love Lucas Michael. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"