C-sections

What to expect at 6wk appt?

What can I expect at my 6 week follow up? Just question/answer, or an internal exam, or something else?

I'm worried about having to bring LO with me. My husband can't take off work that day, and I don't have any family in the area to help out. He won't have had his vax yet, so I can't use the hospital's drop in child care. 

Re: What to expect at 6wk appt?

• If I remember correctly, I believe my OBGYN just looked at incision to make sure it was healing properly. That was 2 years ago, so my memory may not be serving me correctly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My Dr. just looked at my incision and asked about birth control. I went by myself and he was actually upset I didn't bring DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 years ago, mine just checked incision and talked about BC. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Discussed birth control, assessed me for PPD, answered questions.  I took lo with me.  I had the infant carrier carseat so he just hung out in that during the appointment.  The staff were happy to see him.  
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Thanks!
  • BC, incision follow up, and I think they did a pap smear with me because it had been a year since my last. I also brought LO and he sat in the car seat the whole time. They expect it. I do remember a nurse making a snarky comment about him not wearing a hat (it was CA in December).  

• Felt my stomach, checked incision, did a quick internal, asked about BC.  My 6w was just on 6/28.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • At both of my pp 6 week appointments I had an incision check and an internal and we  just sort of talked about how everything (me, breastfeeding, baby stuff, adjustments, etc.) was going.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"