Baby Names

first post.. which baby name

We are looking for a girlie girl names.  Open to any suggestions.  Our top two are

Elle

or

Evette nn Evie

which do you like?

Re: first post.. which baby name

• Elle or even Ellie, not a fan of Evette

• Loading the player...
  • I don't like Evette cuz it's just a bastardized version of Yvette. If you went with Yvette is would be totally fine.

I don't like Elle, Ella, or Ellie as full names for kids. They are nicknames. Period, end of story. If you like Elle then pick a full name with Elle in it and call her Elle.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've never seen Evette spelled that way.  Traditionally, it's Yvette.  I like it spelled with a "Y".  IMO, Elle/Ellie is getting a lot of play and is really boring to me.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• What about Evelyn, nn Evie?

• Cat&SCat&S member
    I like Elle and Evie, but not Evette. Also like Evelyn and love Evangeline.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• I prefer Elle.
  • I like Elle better. Or Ella, or Ellery.
  • I love Evie, but do not like Evette. Genevieve, Evelyn or something. If you don't like any other formal "Evie" names, I would pick Elle.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • what's your heritage? Yvette is french I think? (well all the Yvette's I know are french Canadian). I much prefer Elle. 
  • I love Evie, but not a fan of the long name

• I like Evie better. I think it stands out more amongst all the Elle's and Ella's these days. I don't really like Evette though? It's misspelled and not a name I typically like. What about Eve? It's short like Elle, less popular and not a nickname. Also, Evie could be a nn for it.
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Thanks for the great feedback. I am German and Danish and my hubby is English, Spanish, and French.  I love french names which is we're Evette is from.  I like Yvette too!!  Any other french name suggestions? 

• I like Yvette, and I had a friend Yvonne when I was younger. That name has stuck with me.

I love Evelyn, but I know SO many baby Evelyns nn Evie right now. 

I love the suggestion of Genevieve.

Other French names? What about Colette? 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I like evette...don't hear that too often
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    Esme?

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• imagemagsugar13:
    I like evette...don't hear that too often

Because it's not a real name.

Elle is boring and Evette is spelled wrong.. If you like Ellie and Evie, head back to the drawing board., there are lots of good full names that will give you these nicknames.
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to be a bit different here but I love Ellie, Ella, Elle names. They are sweet and are fine as full names in my opinion. I also love Anais which is French. Pronounced Ahnay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"