May 2013 Moms

Who are the reflux mamas?

We're pretty sure DS has reflux.  He had an upper GI earlier in the week that came back normal, but the amount he spits up and how unhappy he is after he spits up makes me and his pedi think he's got reflux.  He's on Nexium once a day, and it seems to be helping. 

Just wondering who else out there is a reflux mama, too.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: Who are the reflux mamas?

• I believe LO has reflux for the same reason. Ill be talking to the pedi when we go on the 15th.

Hope the meds help your LO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Our LO has it and the pedi put her on Zantac. It seems to really be helping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesnowgirl427:
    I believe LO has reflux for the same reason. Ill be talking to the pedi when we go on the 15th. Hope the meds help your LO!

All of this. (even the appt on the 15th part!)

We currently have him on Enfamil AR. It definitely has helped with the spitting up, which in turn, has cut down on the crying fits afterward.
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • imagekasabby:
    Our LO has it and the pedi put her on Zantac. It seems to really be helping. 

We just started the Zantac today.  Hoping it helps! I've heard a lot of people say it works for about a week or two then it stops and they've had to switch to something else. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We tried Zantac for a few days, but when the pedi saw him, she prescribed Nexium. It took a few days to work, but it makes a difference. I'm also dairy free and am contemplating giving up soy to see if it helps. He has his 2 month well visit on the 11th, and we'll discuss seeing a pedi GI doctor then.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • pnutgpnutg member
    My son is on zantac but we're not convinced he has reflux because he doesn't cry when he spits up. And the meds have not helped the crankiness. We're basically grasping for straws.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was told my daughter has mild reflux so she wasn't given medication. I just make sure she eats as upright as I can while nursing. She prefers to sleep while held.
  • imagekasabby:
    Our LO has it and the pedi put her on Zantac. It seems to really be helping.nbsp;

This and we put the head of her bassinet at a slight incline

• My twins took Zantac and then are now on Prevacid. They are also on Enfamil AR. We keep them upright during feedings, sleep them at an incline in Rock n Plays or in their cribs with one end raised.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• imageLovestruckAJ:

imagesnowgirl427:
    I believe LO has reflux for the same reason. Ill be talking to the pedi when we go on the 15th.

Hope the meds help your LO!

All of this. (even the appt on the 15th part!)

We currently have him on Enfamil AR. It definitely has helped with the spitting up, which in turn, has cut down on the crying fits afterward.
    im mobile and can't see when LO was born. Is this your two month appt? I'm so scared of the shots lol. More nervous for LO than anything.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• My first had reflux. What really helped was seeing a pediatric chiropractor. It sounds loony, but I'd definitely suggest looking into it. They can help with other issues, too (hiccups, lack of burping, etc.). My friend's daughter also has severe reflux, and was greatly helped by the chiropractor.
  • DS has reflux.  The Zantac seems to be helping with his pain a little bit but he pretty much cries all the time.  We have an appointment with the GI on Tuesday.  I am hoping we can get this figured out!  I hate that he is always so uncomfortable, although I am starting to think the crying may be part reflux, part colic.  Hopefully not!

• krwactkrwact member

Yes, we're a reflux family now. DS hates the Zantac but it's helping a lot. 

Hope everyone's feeling better soon! 

ETA: I'm also calling this week about a chiropractor. I've heard it can work wonders.  

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"