High-Risk Pregnancy

Intro and ? Re: oligohydraminos

Hi I'm 20 weeks 4 days with di/di twin girls. Two weeks ago I had my anatomy scan and everything was fine with the exception that baby A appeared to have low fluid. The dr said he was not very concerned but would label it as oligohydraminos so that he could check again in 2 weeks giving the impression that the label was so my insurance would approve the follow up in 2 weeks instead of my monthly scan. When I went in yesterday I saw a different doctor and he said baby A has no fluid. They are not sure if baby a"s fluid ruptured or it is not there for another reason. They are treating it as assuming worse case scenario that if the fluid has ruptured and put me on antibiotics for a week. He basically said that A"s heart will stop or she will continue to grow but will not survive after birth bc of not having the amniotic fluid. Currently they both measure and weigh the same and she had a heart rate of 160. He said there wasn't anything that I could have done differently. Has anyone had experience with a similar situation. I left the appointment feeling hopeless but in reading articles online it says in some cases increasing water intake etc can help. Thank you for any suggestions.

Re: Intro and ? Re: oligohydraminos

• I would increase your water intake substantially and rest. Sometimes, you can have a leak that will reseal. I have seen it happen. Don't give up hope. Hugs.
  • Inn2Inn2 member
    I'm sorry for your struggles, thoughts and prayers for you and your little ones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had 2 Oligo babies.  My 1st was delivered at 38 weeks with little to no fluid left at all.   He was 3lbs 15 oz and is a perfectly healthy 5 year old now.  

My 2nd Oligo baby was born at 36 weeks when his fluid level dropped down to 3.  

I was put on BR with both of them and told to drink at least 2 2 liters of water a day.   With both of them my levels fluctuated from 7 and lower.   

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I don't really know much about it, but I am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image618mom22boys:
    I've had 2 Oligo babies. nbsp;My 1st was delivered at 38 weeks with little to no fluid left at all. nbsp; He was 3lbs 15 oz and is a perfectly healthy 5 year old now. nbsp;My 2nd Oligo baby was born at 36 weeks when his fluid level dropped down to 3. nbsp;I was put on BR with both of them and told to drink at least 2 2 liters of water a day. nbsp; With both of them my levels fluctuated from 7 and lower. nbsp;nbsp;
    Thank you for sharing this with me.. It does give me some hope. My dr was very compassionate but like I said I left with no hope. I asked if he sometimes sees fluid levels return when I come back in two weeks and he said not really. I don't want him to give me false hope though so I appreciate the honesty from him but I just feel lost. Did your 1st baby always have little to no fluid or was it just in your third trimester?

Also, thank you to the others who have commented with advice or even just the thoughts and prayers. It is all very much appreciated.
  • imageAjoy611:
    image618mom22boys:
    I've had 2 Oligo babies. nbsp;My 1st was delivered at 38 weeks with little to no fluid left at all. nbsp; He was 3lbs 15 oz and is a perfectly healthy 5 year old now. nbsp;My 2nd Oligo baby was born at 36 weeks when his fluid level dropped down to 3. nbsp;I was put on BR with both of them and told to drink at least 2 2 liters of water a day. nbsp; With both of them my levels fluctuated from 7 and lower. nbsp;nbsp;
    . Thank you for sharing this with me.. It does give me some hope. My dr was very compassionate but like I said I left with no hope. I asked if he sometimes sees fluid levels return when I come back in two weeks and he said not really. I don't want him to give me false hope though so I appreciate the honesty from him but I just feel lost. Did your 1st baby always have little to no fluid or was it just in your third trimester? Also, thank you to the others who have commented with advice or even just the thoughts and prayers. It is all very much appreciated.

With him I just had the 20 week u/s and didnt have another one until 32 weeks when I was measuring 3 weeks behind.  That is when they noticed it was low, it was at 7 the 1st AFI u/s.  Then it dropped from there. 

But with DS3 it did go back up but never past 10.  And with him it was caught at 20 weeks and I had AFI u/s every 3 weeks and BPP every week sometimes 2x a week.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageAjoy611:
    image618mom22boys:
    . Thank you for sharing this with me.. It does give me some hope. My dr was very compassionate but like I said I left with no hope. I asked if he sometimes sees fluid levels return when I come back in two weeks and he said not really. I don't want him to give me false hope though so I appreciate the honesty from him but I just feel lost. Did your 1st baby always have little to no fluid or was it just in your third trimester? Also, thank you to the others who have commented with advice or even just the thoughts and prayers. It is all very much appreciated.

With him I just had the 20 week u/s and didnt have another one until 32 weeks when I was measuring 3 weeks behind.  That is when they noticed it was low, it was at 7 the 1st AFI u/s.  Then it dropped from there. 

But with DS3 it did go back up but never past 10.  And with him it was caught at 20 weeks and I had AFI u/s every 3 weeks and BPP every week sometimes 2x a week.  

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"