Pregnant after IF

cramping?

i know cramping can be normal and i apologize for the ignorance of this post.  

i went grocery shopping and started having slight cramping while on my way home and feeling a tiny bit nauseous.  it was more like a dull menstrual cramp, but constant.  after relaxing with my feet up for a bit, it turned into a sharp cramp which i attributed to gas pains (TMI, but i think it was gas pains because i then proceeded to use the bathroom).

they went away for the most part, but after going to another store, they came back.  now it's like an on again off again sharp shooting pain.  

I know round ligament pain can occur but would this be a constant like this morning, or an off and on like this afternoon?  no spotting, bleeding, etc... and it's not excruciating, just worrisome.  i have my MFM appointment and ultrasound on Tuesday when i hit 10 weeks so unless something changes i will just wait for then, but wanted to know what you ladies have experienced.  

my DH makes fun of me because when i don't have symptoms i worry, and when i do feel anything i worry too.  i think it's just part of PAIF brain.   

Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: cramping?

• I too occasionally get a dull pain. I must figured its things moving and changing. But you have two babies in there so I'm sure yours will be a little more intense.

Btw, you are SO lucky to not have any symptoms!!!

Me: 29 DH: 32 Married: 10.25.07 Been dealing with amenorrheoa since I was young. (Literally go years w/o AF) Unexpected and very surprising BFP in Feb 2007. M/C April 2007. :( TTC since 2008 Metformin- Didn't help. :( Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #1 7/2009 - BFN Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #2- 8/2009- BFN Clomid 100mg/Provera cycle #3- 1/2010- BFN ...Took a break... 2012- Met with RE 09/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 2.5, Estradiol 47, TSH 4.5 (Doc re-ordering Day 3 labs) DH sperm analysis- all good 11/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 4.3, estradiol 38, TSH 2.51 Prescribed Synthroid 11/12- HSG all clear 1/13- IUI with Femara and trigger shot on 1/31- BFN 2/13-IUI #2- cancelled due to low response 3/13- planning IUI with injectables
  • I have had some cramping too, but it has been sporadic. Sometimes it is very mild, and other times it takes my breath away. My RE said cramps were to be expected in any early pregnancy due to the uterus expanding and organs shifting around to make room, but it is even more common in an IVF pregnancy because of ovaries still being enlarged and the likelihood for cysts. I was told my ovaries will likely not go back to normal until 1214 weeks. Unless you have bleeding too, I think the cramps are very normal.
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i have had cramps on and off since day 1.  i find it gets much worse if i don't drink A LOT of water.  

• I had the SAME pain the week that I went to the ER. The nurse and doc said its normal, the ut is getting comfy and things are growing in there so sounds pretty normal of no bleeding
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • imagexladybassx:
    I have had some cramping too, but it has been sporadic. Sometimes it is very mild, and other times it takes my breath away. My RE said cramps were to be expected in any early pregnancy due to the uterus expanding and organs shifting around to make room, but it is even more common in an IVF pregnancy because of ovaries still being enlarged and the likelihood for cysts. I was told my ovaries will likely not go back to normal until 1214 weeks. Unless you have bleeding too, I think the cramps are very normal.

Ya know what? I forgot that the dr said I had leftover cysts and swollen ovaries. Maybe that's the issue. I just woke up from a nap and its still there so I am chalking it up to the new normal. Thanks everyone!
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageoO Angie Oo:
    I too occasionally get a dull pain. I must figured its things moving and changing. But you have two babies in there so I'm sure yours will be a little more intense. Btw, you are SO lucky to not have any symptoms!!! nbsp;

The no symptoms thing freaks me out too lol. I am thankful but just another reason to worry. Guess this is my anxiety disorder coming out with no meds lol.
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imagejezebel57:
    imageoO Angie Oo:
    I too occasionally get a dull pain. I must figured its things moving and changing. But you have two babies in there so I'm sure yours will be a little more intense. Btw, you are SO lucky to not have any symptoms!!! nbsp;

The no symptoms thing freaks me out too lol. I am thankful but just another reason to worry. Guess this is my anxiety disorder coming out with no meds lol.

Well I have plenty of symptoms for the both of us!! :P I'm into my 10th week still suffering from nausea, and vomiting, and extreme fatigue. I sleep over 12 hours every night and sometimes nap in the day. I'm ready for that boost of energy people talk about.
    Me: 29 DH: 32 Married: 10.25.07 Been dealing with amenorrheoa since I was young. (Literally go years w/o AF) Unexpected and very surprising BFP in Feb 2007. M/C April 2007. :( TTC since 2008 Metformin- Didn't help. :( Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #1 7/2009 - BFN Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #2- 8/2009- BFN Clomid 100mg/Provera cycle #3- 1/2010- BFN ...Took a break... 2012- Met with RE 09/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 2.5, Estradiol 47, TSH 4.5 (Doc re-ordering Day 3 labs) DH sperm analysis- all good 11/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 4.3, estradiol 38, TSH 2.51 Prescribed Synthroid 11/12- HSG all clear 1/13- IUI with Femara and trigger shot on 1/31- BFN 2/13-IUI #2- cancelled due to low response 3/13- planning IUI with injectables
  • mae141mae141 member

I've had cramps on and off the whole time. I'm 16 weeks now. I asked my OB about it at 12 weeks and she said it was perfectly normal and to expect more. I find it helps to put my feet up for a little while. 

I know exactly what you mean about the symptoms. There's just no way to stop worrying! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"