May 2013 Moms

Feeding intervals

I want DS to eat every 3 hours instead of 1.5 to 2 hours but when he goes that long during the day, it makes me nervous.

Clearly there is no pleasing me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeding intervals

• LN1024LN1024 member

imageMermaidNM:
    I want DS to eat every 3 hours instead of 1.5 to 2 hours but when he goes that long during the day, it makes me nervous. Clearly there is no pleasing me.

I'm confused... why does that make you nervous? 

• I BF on demand, and follow EASY, so feeding him on waking, except for the last feed of the day right before bed.  He goes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours between feeds during the day.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I EBF. We do EASY eat activity sleep you. It is just that a 3 plus hour stretch is rare. Plus he had a mediocre weigh in last week. Plus I worry he is sleeping too much during the day and wont sleep at night. I know it doesn't make sense. It is my one big crazy mommy thing.
  • imageMermaidNM:
    Yes I EBF. We do EASY eat activity sleep you. It is just that a 3 plus hour stretch is rare. Plus he had a mediocre weigh in last week. Plus I worry he is sleeping too much during the day and wont sleep at night. I know it doesn't make sense. It is my one big crazy mommy thing.

Totally understand the whole sleeping too much during the day might lead to partying all night worry. I also worry that my supply will instantly drop if DS goes more than 3hrs without eating during the day.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I honestly have no idea how long LO goes between feedings really. I don't clock it. I just feed when he seems fussy. If we're home it could be every hour to two hrs. When were out it seems like he goes much longer. I only know at night because I look at the clock. I'm sure every 3 hrs is fine. He's probably taking in more each feeding now
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMermaidNM:
    Yes I EBF. We do EASY eat activity sleep you. It is just that a 3 plus hour stretch is rare. Plus he had a mediocre weigh in last week. Plus I worry he is sleeping too much during the day and wont sleep at night. I know it doesn't make sense. It is my one big crazy mommy thing.

I think that the fact that there is a mediocre weigh in would make me just BF whenever. I was like that with DD. As much as I wanted to stretch out her BFing, it just didn't outweighed the need for her to gain more weight. BFing whenever she needed trumped everything else. I hope it levels out for you soon. BFing every 1.5 hours can be taxing mentally! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMermaidNM:

I'm on mobile, so I can't see how old your LO is, but if you're worried about weight, have you seen a LC to make sure everything is going right? My DS had mediocre weight gain and we had some other BF issues and it turns out he was tongue tied. I didn't find out until he was 5 weeks old.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • imageCeefome:
    imageMermaidNM:

I'm on mobile, so I can't see how old your LO is, but if you're worried about weight, have you seen a LC to make sure everything is going right? My DS had mediocre weight gain and we had some other BF issues and it turns out he was tongue tied. I didn't find out until he was 5 weeks old.

We have seen an LC. We have definitely had our issues, including a tongue tie at 1 week. He is gaining weight, healthy and happy, but he dropped a few percentage points. My daughter has weight issues, so it just makes me nervous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"