Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Keeps taking her diaper off, suggestions??

DD keeps unsnapping the bottom of her pj's and taking her diaper off in the morning mostly but sometimes she takes it off during nap time.  Yesterday morning I went in to get her and her sister out of their cribs and she had taken her diaper off and pooped in her crib.  It was everywhere!!  Caked onto her hands and feet, smeared all over her crib and her sisters crib, some was even across the room by the door.  I know that her taking her diaper off is just part of the age they are at, but does anyone have any suggestions to make it more difficult for her to do this??  I really do not want to wake up and have to clean up poop like that again.
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Keeps taking her diaper off, suggestions??

• My son went through this phase for like a while six months.  It was maddening.  I think you should look into Escape PJs.  We had three pair and they saved my sanity.  Also we went to BRU and bought a couple little g pants diaper covers and put them over his sposies.  They worked well because they fasten toward the back and the applix is very strong.  Good luck!
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • J234J234 member

That sounds horrible.  

You could try a short/t-shirt combo and/or putting the diaper on backwards.  My LO can't take off the shorts as easily as the one piece pjs.  Good luck!   

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe zip up PJs?
  • Take an old sleeper that you don't care about and cut off the feet. Then put the sleeper on backwards. Sorry about the poop!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You could try zip pjs and if she figures it out zip them up backwards!
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I have her in the zipup/footed pj's tonight so here's hoping that it works.  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WipzWipz member

imageLalaMama81:
    backwards pjs, diaper cover, duct tape the diaper. 
      You must be on the crafters board too LOL .. sorry I know OP's got a serious problem to deal with, but this made me chuckle.

OP good luck with your diaper woes Yes the ladies have given you some great ideas, hopefully one of them will work out for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"