Breastfeeding

bottle rejection?

S is going to be 9 weeks old tomorrow and we're thinking she might be starting to reject her bottle. Last night for her MOTN feedings she only ate 2 oz when she normally would eat about 3. Then, this morning she flat out refused to eat from the bottle that DH was trying to give her so I could sleep in some, but once I offered her my boob she ate happily so we know she was hungry. S requires supplemental formula since I have a low supply and will be starting daycare in a few weeks so we really need her to keep eating from the bottle.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on and/or what we can do to keep her eating from the bottle?

Re: bottle rejection?

• She might just be teething or missing mama. Keep offering the bottle but don't stress about it. Your DCP should be able to work with her. My DS refused a bottle when we tried it at home but got the hang of it at DC. GL!
  • My DD did the same thing. For the first week and a half she would refuse her morning bottles, but would end up really hungry and take them in the afternoon. I'm off for a couple if months again and DH tried to give her a bottle yesterday and she refused. When I start back to work in August, I'm sure my babysitter will have the same issues. Hopefully it goes quicker this time. GL to you!
    Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"