May 2013 Moms
Options

firming?

5weeks pp here and I've still got a bit of a jelly belly. Not able to hit the gym, yet and my usually ab workouts are not cutting it. Any mammas out there have some recommendations for firming creams? Any other tips as to how you toned your tummy?

Re: firming?

• Options

imageShantxtell:
    imagekateronium:
    5weeks pp here and I've still got a bit of a jelly belly. Not able to hit the gym, yet and my usually ab workouts are not cutting it. Any mammas out there have some recommendations for firming creams? Any other tips as to how you toned your tummy?
    At 5 weeks? Most people don't even get cleared to exercise until 6. Edit: meant to reply, not quote.

I'm being gentle. not crazy sit ups or anything. just tensing and holding for several seconds then releasing. the nurses in the hospital recommended that when they were discharging me 

• Options

I hear you.  I've been annoyed that my stomach won't firm either but I think I'm being too impatient.  I'm using the wii fit to builid some muscle tone and it's all under the flab.  At 5 weeks it's still early but the effort you put in now will pay off later.  At least that's what I've been told. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    According to my doc the jelly belly can linger as long as 6 months pp.
    My pp appt is on Monday so I'm hoping to be cleared to do ab work outs at that point. My doc said the only thing I can do up until then is suck my stomach in and out, nothing more. Looking forward to be able to start toning the belly.

• Options
    Firming creams are a joke.

Core ab exercises cardio. Probably wont get the results without the cardio.
  • Options
    If it's just extra skin, it's going to be a while before it disappears and no amount of ab work is going to speed the process. Once you're cleared to exercise, i do cardio for fat burning and lift weights to build muscle. Spot toning is pretty much impossible.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    imagejerseygirl81:
    If it's just extra skin, it's going to be a while before it disappears and no amount of ab work is going to speed the process. Once you're cleared to exercise, i do cardio for fat burning and lift weights to build muscle. Spot toning is pretty much impossible.

This is the same for me too. I do some type of cardio almost every day and then I lift 3 to 4 times a week. My trainer always says, you can't spot reduce/tone.
  • Options
    Once you are cleared, planks are great for toning and tightening the underlying muscles so when you lose the fat or the skin tightens or whatever, your muscles will be stronger and tighter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am going to start T25. It's supposed to be hard but amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"