February 2013 Moms

how are you keeping LO cool

In nova scotia the past two days we have been having temperatures of 32C, 46 with the humidity ( that makes it about 98F,114F)...its really freaking hot! Lo is so warm.  we have been giving him cool baths several times a day, and have our fans running plus going for drives with the ac cranked. He hasn't had much to eat today, maybe 20oz when he usually would have had 35. 
 Just wondering how you are all dealing with the heat, and also how do you keep lo cool when you have to be at gatherings?
Tyia! 

Re: how are you keeping LO cool

• We recently did some traveling and were outside most of the day. I bought a stroller fan that could be clipped on the canopy of the stroller and pointed directly on my DS all day. This helped so much. He never seemed to be overheated. I did have to make sure the fan was out of reach bc the holes in the cover were big enough for his fingers to fit in. I also did notice a decline in how much he ate while we were out during the day.
  • We haven't really been outside much this summer because of the baby, but they sell these towels/shammy things that you can get wet and as the water evaporates, it cools you off.  I used one at work last year because our a/c was broken and it worked really well.  You don't get wet from either.  You could drape one over baby.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm trying to make sure he stays on his regular eating schedule, since that is the only way he will get fluids and I don't want him low on those!

We just got a break in a crazy heat wave here in California.  During, we were cranking our AC (it could barely keep up), running fans at night, and only dressing LO in a light onesie, even at night.  I've also heard a lot of people with babies have been cruising around Target and other stores since the AC in businesses is so cold.

• imageTeacher Clark:
    imagejkuhmann:
    I'm trying to make sure he stays on his regular eating schedule, since that is the only way he will get fluids and I don't want him low on those!We just got a break in a crazy heat wave here in California.nbsp; During, we were cranking our AC it could barely keep up, running fans at night, and only dressing LO in a light onesie, even at night.nbsp; I've also heard a lot of people with babies have been cruising around Target and other stores since the AC in businesses is so cold.
    Lucky you, I'm in Cali and still haven't seen a huge change with the heat.

You're in Inland Empire, right?  Is it still in the 100s?  I'm sorry you are not getting a break!  Our temps are expected to go back up after the weekend...bah.

• My LO loves the pool and we've been going out almost everyday to beat this 100 degree weather we've been having. I know they recommend giving your LO water but I always bring a bottle of water. When we are outside ill let her suck on it every 15-20 min. I never give her more than 1/4 ounce at one time. But I figure if we get thirsty in the sun they do and formula doesn't always cut it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"