May 2013 Moms

Vaccines?

I am not trying to start any heated vaccine debate, but wanted to hear some opinions. I've been doing a lot of research about vaccinating and can't help but worry. I know it's ten to one half a dozen to the other but wanted to know what you have decided. Are you fully vaccinating your LO? Only doing certain ones, if so which ones? Or not vaccinating at all? I know some places you have no choice in vaccinating but where I live we aren't legally obligated to vaccinate. Just wanting to know what others have decided for their families.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vaccines?

• We struggled with this decision too out of paranoia... We are fully vaccinating, however we may choose to delay some of the shots.. To me it is scary to think of all those chemicals being out into one little body... We have already gone through the first round, 3 shots at once. If there are more than that at a time I will delay. Also for the MMR we will do that on its own instead of alongside any others. Lots of research saying its not bad, but again that's a lot of chemicals at one time...
  • imageShantxtell:
    I will vaccinate on schedule as my pedi recommends.

This.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesarajim06:
    imageShantxtell:

This.
    This for me too! The risks of not vaccinating far out weigh the risks of doing so. Not only to DS but the general public as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• LN1024LN1024 member

imagesnowgirl427:
    imagesarajim06:
    imageShantxtell:
    This.
    This for me too! The risks of not vaccinating far out weigh the risks of doing so. Not only to DS but the general public as well.

Exactly this.  

• I will fully vaccinate but I'm spreading them out. You should read Dr. Sears Vaccine Book. It's a great book that goes through each vaccine, the disease, each manufacture of the vaccine and their ingredients and lets you decide what you want to do. I believe everyone should know exactly what your putting in their bodies and why. Plus it can never hurt to be fully educated.
  • My daughter will be fully vaccinated on time just like her brothers were. There is no medical reason to do it any other way.
  • imagenonniedee:
    imagesnowgirl427:
    imagesarajim06:
    imageShantxtell:

This.

Yes I've heard a lot of horror stories about not vaccinating. I'll be doing as the Dr recommends as well

Add me to this list. The good far outweighs the bad imo.
  • Yes. No question about it.
  • Yes, it was never in question for DH or me.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • We are fully vacinating per my pedi's schedule. I asked her about spacing iut and she said we could but it would just mean more appts with shotd. Also thry have more than 1 nurse do the dhots so they r done at the same time.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We're also in the fully vaccinated but spaced out camp.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • We're planning on fully vaccinating S according to the pedi's schedule. DH almost died from a vaccination when he was a kid though, so we'll have to keep a very close eye on S and if she has anything other than a "normal" reaction, we might need to reconsider.
  • imageShantxtell:

This. They're necessary no matter how much I hate the idea of them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageShantxtell:

Me too 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vaccines are imp. For the overall health of ur lo,u ur family and the public's health.
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    We're also in the fully vaccinated but spaced out camp.

Us too
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My daughters were vax'ed on schedule, and my DS will be, as well.  It's too important not to do.  I haven't seen any credible study that would make even second guess vax'ing on schedule.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Just an FYI recently Dr.Sears recently stated that the only reason he recommends delayed vaccinating is to get people who normally not vaccinate at all to vaccinate.
  • We spread out DS's vaccines and will with DD as well. They'll both be fully vaccinated, but only receive 2 at a time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't want to justify your ignorant answer with a reply but I can't help myself.
    Who said the only research I did was read one book? Did I ever say I was not a MD? I suggested that they read the vaccine book because its a great way to educate yourself on vaccines without the book leaning one way or another. And most people don't know where to start when it comes to understanding vaccines without taking many hours to do the research.
    I could go on and on.
    Bottom line. Research things. Ask questions. You can never know too much and don't do things just because a dr says so. If I could tell you all the things that go on and are said by doctors you would die.
    Educate yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"