3rd Trimester

Poll: car seats

Infant car seat or convertible? What are u getting for newborn? I'm leaning towards infant...

Re: Poll: car seats

• Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat
  • Loading the player...
  • Infant seat. I dont see a point to wake a sleeping newborn to bring it into the grocery store, resturant, etc. We opted for the Graco snug ride 30 that starts at 4lbs since we will more than likely have smaller babies.
  • imageMissy2020:
    Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat

This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have one that goes from infant to until they're old enough for a booster. I'm just way too cheap to buy two seats. It is a pain to take baby in and out of the seat, but I baby wear, so it really turns into NBD, and it's better for their little backs to not constantly be in the car seat.

But go with what will work for you... :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Newborn carrier type seat, Chicco KeyFit 30 to be exact. My sister is a CPST and this is her favorite seat because it's so easy to install and offers great protection.

Most infant carriers go up to 25 or 30 lbs, so you should get at least 9mos of use out of it. Chances are you won't have a 9m/o that weighs that much, but at 9-12 mos they get long enough that they outgrow the height limits of an infant seat

We plan to purchase the Chicco NextFit, (Chicco's new convertible seat,) after the new year begins. We considered buying one now (either the Next Fit or the Diono Radian) but since we know we won't use it for a while we wanted to wait, so we're not wasting an entire year of the seat's expiration sitting in a box in our garage. You will need a convertible seat eventually, but the longer you wait to buy it the longer you will be able to use it before it expires.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • elm005elm005 member

imagelaceylavallee:
    Britax B Safe

This 

• Infant - Graco SnugRide 30s
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• atcwagatcwag member

imageMissy2020:

Yep, us too.

...and I agree with the pp about not buying the convertible until you need it.  No need to "waste" months/year of the expiration.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EmR22EmR22 member
    Infant - Graco. I'm not a big baby wearer so it was a better option. I also liked it for winter because I could put little one in and bundle her up before going out in the cold. I was always afraid I would drop her if I had to carry her in and out on the ice and such.
  • imageMissy2020:

This is what we got, too. 

Hazel 7/08  -  Genevieve 8/09  -  Wesley 9/13
  • Borrowed the infant seat from a trusted family member. Dh and I are both pretty tall and baby is measuring that way. Wanted spend more money on a better convertible seat that she would be in longer.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Infant seat. We had the key fit 30 with dd and loved it so we got the same thing this time.
  • imageMissy2020:

This. Worked out well with DS. Using the same one this time.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are getting the infant car seat for my car and the convertible car seat for my DH car.  We were thinking the infant car seat when our LO is really small, but since he would need the convertible car seat anyway when he get a little bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 that will click into a Graco stroller infant car seat FRAME...ideal for transitioning a sleeping baby from car to shopping plaza, etc.

• With our second we started with the convertible and I wore her . It worked out great for her since she hated the car seat so she was never asleep when we got somewhere . When we found out we were expecting our third we got a carrier since juggling three small kids can get tricky at times . This time around were planing on using our third child's carrier a Combi shuttle till this baby is old enough to go into a convertible . We got a year out of the carrier the last time.
  • Graco Click Connect 40
  • imagelaceylavallee:
    Britax B Safe

This! 

• mcg512mcg512 member
    imagestarinyte:

imageMissy2020:

This is what we got, too. 

Same here.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • With DD, we used an infant seat for the first year, then switched to convertible after that. Plan to do the same with DS.
  • imageCNYBride05:
    Infant - Graco SnugRide 30s

Same here. 

• I'm the oddball. I hate the freaking infant seat. It's so heavy that I always left it in the car and wore DD anyway. She out grew the length limits by 9 months- I found it to be a giant waste of money and plastic for such a short time span. 

At 3 DD has just reached the weight limit on it, so the newer, larger ones just just dumb.  And when you consider the poor positioning they put babe in its far from an ideal place to leave a sleeping baby.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought both already. Instead of buying an extra 50 base for our other car, we are putting the convertible seat in 1 and infant seat in the car we use most.
  • Infant seat all the way!

• I have one that came with a stroller in a set, so I think it's convertible. 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Infant carrier travel system. We bought the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35. DH and I both have bases in our cars for easy transfer.
  • Robi1Robi1 member
    We got two convertibles (Maxi-Cosi Pria 70) for our two cars. I have no interest in taking my baby in and out of the car in the carseat, so no reason to get the infant seat. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Infant car seat.  At 6 months it was too heavy to carry, so we left it in the car, as if it was a regular carseat.
  • kat012kat012 member

imageCNYBride05:
    Infant - Graco SnugRide 30s

this one for us too! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Our Surprise Angel due August 2014!

• Infant Graco Snugride 35

Bonus: 

• Infant seat, they are way to convenient for me to pass up.  I also won't buy a convertible until LO has outgrown his/her infant seat.  The seats expire, so if I bought it now, it wouldn't last until "booster mode"... kids need to be in boosters until 7-8, most seats expire 5-6 years from manufacture date (which is 6+ months BEFORE you even buy it), I'll take the convenience of the infant seat, over having to replace my booster when LO is older.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Infant.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • imagelinzland:
    Infant seat.  Graco Click Connect.

boom. 

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
  • imageCNYBride05:
    Infant Graco SnugRide 30s

This
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• We have both. I have a convertible in my car that I plan to use because I hate carrying infant seats. Plus, we live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and neither DH or I are comfortable with me trying to carry him up all those stairs with the added weight by myself. We have the infant seat in DHs car so when we go out to eat with family, or to church and other places we can use the carrier seat, and DH doesn't mind carrying it. I will probably end up baby wearing a little to compensate for not using the infant seat. 

• Chicco KeyFit 30... loved it for DS #1

• Infant car seat. Graco snug ride 35 with stroller for me. And a snugride 30 for my husbands car. We live in a second floor condo, so being able to take the baby upstairs while in her car seat was important. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"