TTC After a Loss

What the what?!

I got a new job about a month ago working at an internists office. Right before I started I had a CP and I had to miss a day of work during my first week to see my doctor. I decided to be upfront with everyone as to what was going on, and I'm glad I did. 

The internist asked to see my RPL bloodwork that my doctor drew, and then she ran some additional tests. I got all the results back today and found out something interesting. I have a gluten sensitivity! Not an allergy, but apparently my body does not tolerate it. I've never been sick or had symptoms, but they way she explained it was that my immune systems kicks into overdrive every time I eat something with gluten to fight the reaction. Because it's working so hard, my other systems are not running at their optimum level. She doesn't think it's the cause of my losses, but it certainly doesn't help. I'm also low on vitamin B and D, despite taking PNV, so I've got to up the intake.

I find it really fascinating how all of this could be linked. I'm really bummed because bread is one of my favorite things in the world. I know there are a lot of great gluten free options out there, but it's definitely going to take some getting used to. For you ladies who are living the gluten free lifestyle, any suggestions?

Sorry for the long, AWish post, but my mind is kind of blown right now.  

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: What the what?!

• I just started today on a low carb/sugar diet. Which cuts out bread too pretty much.

It has been surprisingly easier than I thought. There were a lot of gluten free options on the shelf!

You just have to plan ahead.
    Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
  • I just started gluten free for this exact reason. Gluten free actually isn't difficult at all and gluten free bread is delicious when toasted! PM me if you want to chat

Eta: wording

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We are gluten free. Please let me know if you want to chat or need ideas! Good luck. It's not as difficult as it used to be though!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Working for physicians can always be to our benefit :) I'm glad she found this so you can start on the right path to get it all back to normal!
  • That awesome that the internist checked everything out for you! Gluten-free diets aren't too bad. I'll bet you can find some great alternatives. The spa I work in has gluten-free cookies that are, honest-to-God, amazing!!!!

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. ((Hugs)) are you having an endoscopy?

I know Jenn0021 is gluten free and posts a lot of recipes on her blog  

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"