Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Wake a sleeping baby?

My LO is 11 days old and lovvvves to sleep! She usually starts to rustle when she wakes up after 23 hours and never even cries, I just wake up and feed her. But sometimes during tje day, she sleeps longer and I do wake her to feed her. She passes right out after eating. Would you let her sleep?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wake a sleeping baby?

• 2 to 3 not 23! That would be impressive!!
  • Yes let her sleep as long as your waking her up to feed her. Enjoy it now.

New Mommy!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I know. I have a 2 yr old and forgot how much they sleep in the beginning!
  • Nix55Nix55 member
    image2013mommy:
    I stopped waking DS after he was over his birth weight. He always let me know when he was hungry so I didn't worry about it!

This.
  • I wake during the day but not at night, hoping for the longest sleeping stretches to be at night. Most of the time, though, he wakes by the three hour mark like clockwork. 
  • Unless the dr recommend to wake the baby I would let LO sleep. We had a week when we had to wake every three hours but then she pasted her birth wait and dr said enjoy as much sleep as she will let you.
  • jlpevjlpev member
    image2013mommy:
    I stopped waking DS after he was over his birth weight. He always let me know when he was hungry so I didn't worry about it!

This!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wake after 3hrs during the day but do not wake them at night.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • For the love of all that is holy....NO!  Don't wake her!  Seriously, unless there is a weight gaining issue you are fine.  I would have paid good money to have gotten a sleeper w/my first kiddo- she was not a sleepy newborn.  Heck, she's 8 now & still doesn't want to sleep!
  • DD's doctor told me to wake to feed every 2 1/2 hours during the day. Since she gained good weight by her appointment last week, she said I can let her sleep at night. Right now she sleeps great all day and is hard to wake. I wish she slept so soundly at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"