Cloth Diapering

overnight, heavy wetter

we have been using cloth diapers since day one with our 13 month old. she has always been a heavy wetter, and lately at night her diaper is soaked!!! leaking through the legs, and onto her crib sheets and mattress. thankfully her mattress separates and we can wash the outer layer.

so i am looking into diaper covers. can any of you tell me what brand is best, and how you use them. do you just put them over a normal cloth diaper?

i am looking at thirsties duo wrap covers, they seem to have good reviews, what do you think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: overnight, heavy wetter

• or double up on inserts?
  • we are currently using alvababy one sized pocket diapers, and use the minky inserts. i am considering getting some bamboo. and trying to double up. see if that works, unless someone else has any other ideals?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAFwifelife:
    . Some people don't have success with using a pocket diaper as a ON solution. If you want to look at a different kind of diaper, fitteds with wool covers are really great at keeping wetness contained.

up until about a week ago, we have been doing pretty good with them. but now she is leaking through pretty badly. thankfully we can wash everything, but still. we will try the double insert and go from there. if we need to, we will get the fitteds with a wool cover. at least it is only at night.

• If you have only been using one insert for ON, I think you will see a big difference when you double up on inserts! I would say most LO's will do fine with a pocket double stuffed. If you that doesn't work, I suggest using a MF insert with a hemp or bamboo insert. We only switched to fitteds and wool with DD2, because she has skinny legs and I could never get the fit right and had leaks.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Honestly I'm surprised that your baby is that old and could still last the entire night with just one mf insert! We had to switch to fitteds at 6 months.

For now try doubling up on the mf inserts since you already have them, if that doesn't work, try switching one of the mf with bamboo or hemp. And if that doesn't work, fitteds with either a PUL, fleece or wool cover should do the trick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"