May 2013 Moms

STTN

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone's LO is sleeping through the night yet?  If so...

How many weeks were they when they started doing it?

Has it been fairly consistent since then?

On average, how many hours do they sleep after their final feed?

Re: STTN

• My LO sleeps from 9 or 10 to around 4am. That to me is not sttn. A couple of times he slept til 6 but it is not consistent. He is 2 months old. 

Eta: he goes right back to sleep and I wake him up at 6:30 when I go to work. I still don't consider it sttn.  

• imageTradeMama:
    My LO sleeps from 9 or 10 to around 4am. That to me is not sttn. A couple of times he slept til 6 but it is not consistent. He is 2 months old. 

Mine also sleeps from about 11 to 4:30 or 5 but I also don't consider that STTN.  Are you EBF or EFF? 

• Loading the player...
  • be888be888 member

My son has been sleeping for 7 to 9 hours stretches since he was 5 weeks. However, he goes down at 8 pm and wakes anywhere between 3:30 am and 5 am, which I do not consider STTN.

ETA: I put him back down after feeding him, and he sleeps another 2 to 3 hours. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Started at 5wks. Had maybe 2 or 3 bad nights. Sleeps between 6 and 8 hrs after last feed.
  • My DS has been sleeping 5 or 6 hours at night then waking and sleeping for another 2 to 3. DH gets up at his first feed and seems to have Trouble putting him back to sleep. I think its because they fall asleep in the chair.

He sleeps from about 8 or 9 until about 2 to 3 and then I get up around 4:30 and feed him and he sleeps until 7.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegmorel:

imageTradeMama:
    My LO sleeps from 9 or 10 to around 4am. That to me is not sttn. A couple of times he slept til 6 but it is not consistent. He is 2 months old. 

Mine also sleeps from about 11 to 4:30 or 5 but I also don't consider that STTN.  Are you EBF or EFF? 

EFF 

• imagenola78:

Starting around 5.5 weeks, DD STTN from 9-6.  It's been consistent every night except for two (9-4) since then.  She's 9 weeks.

I think we just got very lucky with a good sleeper. 

Wow, that's impressive.  Sweet Dreams for you and baby.

• HZ2012HZ2012 member
    My son just started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Some nights he sleeps from 9pm till 5am, some nights he sleeps 10pm till 3 or 4am, and then goes back down after he eats for another 2 or 3 hours. We try to give him his last feed at about 9-9:30. I find that when he eats more during the day, combined with a bath, he sleeps longer. He is EFF. 
  • My LO sleeps from 9pm to 7am. He's been doing that since 4ish weeks. The only time he's woke is when we started transitioning him out of his rock n play. I think we got very lucky with our little guy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My LC and Pedi both said that you should consider a 5 to 6 hour stretch as STTN, so my LO has been doing that since about 4 weeks (she is 6 weeks now). We put her down at around 10 or 11 and she usually wakes up between 4 and 5 for a feed then usually falls back asleep pretty quickly unless it takes me too long to get to her to start with and she gets too awake (like today). I'm still doing a MOTN pumping session, so I'm a bit indifferent to STTN at this point. 
    She is here! 5-29-13

• A 6ish hour stretch is what "they" consider to be STTN. DS started going from 10-4 or 5 this week. Over the next few days, I may try to slowly move his bedtime up about 15 minutes at a time. I would much rather work on establishing an earlier bedtime now since I am home for the summer. Hopefully it pays off. We'll see.

• My LO is EBF and started going from 10pm - 5am around 6 weeks.  I consider that STTN.  She has has a couple days when she got up at 2-3, but it has been pretty consistent since then.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• LJ started STTN a week ago (she's 8 weeks now). She's been sleeping from 9:30 - 6:30. It's still kind of hit and miss, though, because last night she got up at 5:00am and the night before she slept from 9:30-3:30, ate, then slept until 7:30 again. I don't consider the last two nights as her STTN.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllieAGame:
    My LC and Pedi both said that you should consider a 5 to 6 hour stretch as STTN, so my LO has been doing that since about 4 weeks she is 6 weeks now. We put her down at around 10 or 11 and she usually wakes up between 4 and 5 for a feed then usually falls back asleep pretty quickly unless it takes me too long to get to her to start with and she gets too awake like today. I'm still doing a MOTN pumping session, so I'm a bit indifferent to STTN at this point.nbsp;

Ditto this. DD sleeps from about 21:30 till 04:00 but I still get up to pump at around 1:30am.

ETA: after the 4am feed she usually goes straight back to sleep until 7:30am but there are occasions where we've brought her into our bed at around 5'ish because she won't sleep. Of course pillows and quilts are removed away from her.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"