Baby Names

Little Al

My DH wants to honor his grandpa Albert, so we are thinking of picking a boy name that begins with AL. A while ago we had decided on Alex, but since then my sister has started seeing someone very seriously named Alex. 

What are your suggestions? I'm not into crazy unique names but I would prefer something not in the top 100. (which I know Alex is)

There are just so few AL options. 

I would love to hear your ideas. 

Re: Little Al

• Are you not considering naming him Albert? I think Albert is a great name.

I like Alessio. Another idea is Alvin.
  • I would just go with Albert or Albin. You can call him Albie for a NN, which I find very cute.

When honoring someone with a name, my preference is a name that is an obvious honor of that person. I just don't see Alex as a name to honor an Albert, but that may just be me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Alan, Alton, Alvin, Alistair, Alec, Alaric, Algernon
  • Gpa always went by Al so the nn little Al is more important than using his actual name. Plus both of us are not a fan of using Albert.

DH proposed Allen but all I can thing of is that character from two and a half men. 

I like Alden but Im worried it would be pronounced All-den instead of Al-den.

• I think the formal name could be pronounced Allden and he could still go by Al if you like that name. I love Alden.
  • I love Alain and Alden

It's an easy thing to google though:

https://www.thinkbabynames.com/beginning/1/Al 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I like alden and alvin
    Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Albert
  • My H middle name is Alma.. Don't know if that's your style or not. I like the suggestion of Alden
  • That makes sense if he was called Al. I am going to jump on the Alden bandwagon really like that.
  • imageStrawberryCupcake445:
    My DH wants to honor his grandpa Albert, so we are thinking of picking a boy name that begins with AL. A while ago we had decided on Alex, but since then my sister has started seeing someone very seriously named Alex.nbsp;What are your suggestions? I'm not into crazy unique names but I would prefer something not in the top 100. which I know Alex isThere are just so few AL options.nbsp;I would love to hear your ideas.nbsp;
    My DH wants to honor his grandpa Albert, so we are thinking of picking a boy name that begins with AL. A while ago we had decided on Alex, but since then my sister has started seeing someone very seriously named Alex.nbsp;What are your suggestions? I'm not into crazy unique names but I would prefer something not in the top 100. which I know Alex isThere are just so few AL options.nbsp;I would love to hear your ideas.nbsp;
  • Woah phone went crazy posting and now won't let me delete all those posts. Sorry :
  • I like Alden!
  • Thank you all for your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"