May 2013 Moms

Pumping at work: XP WM and BF Boards

So I go back to work in 6 more weeks. I am really bummed about it, because I have been successfully breastfeeding, when I wasn't able to with my first, and I'm afraid going back to work is going to completely mess that up. I share an office with 2 other women, so I don't think I'll be able to pump in there and I'm not even sure it's appropriate for me to ask them if that's ok. We have a conference room, but I'll only be able to use that when it's not otherwise in use. So what are my options? There is no way I'm going to pump in the bathroom, I think that's so gross. Does anyone pump in their car? I park in a structure, so it's a 5 minute walk there and back, but I honestly can't think of another option if I can't get into the conference room. There are also no empty offices, in case anyone was going to offer that as an option.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Pumping at work: XP WM and BF Boards

• Your company is legally required to provide a place for you to pump
  • They need to provide a private space with a locking door so that your privacy is maintained. They cannot tell you to pump in the restroom even if you were ok with it. If you are ok with pumping in your car, I know plenty of women who do, but know that they need to provide the space and not ask you to go elsewhere.
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, because my company has less than 50 employees, they are not legally required to do anything :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsM1111:
    They need to provide a private space with a locking door so that your privacy is maintained. They cannot tell you to pump in the restroom even if you were ok with it. If you are ok with pumping in your car, I know plenty of women who do, but know that they need to provide the space and not ask you to go elsewhere.

This for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would pump in the office personally. The screen is a great idea! Otherwise I would just pump hands free with a cover. Gotta do what you hAve to do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"