TTC After a Loss
Options

Patiently Waiting...

How long did it take any of you for AF to come after a MC/D&C? I am so frustrated that I am STILL bleeding almost 5 weeks later. My mom and MIL keep asking if I have had AF yet and all I can say is that I'm still bleeding and don't know wether its blood from the procedure or AF. My OB said to wait 6 weeks before trying again and have an appointment with a MFM next week, but how am I supposed to get pregnant if I can't figure out what is going on with my body? 

Re: Patiently Waiting...

• Options

Have you seen your doctor for a follow up yet? Either way, I think you should ask your doctor about this.

I'm not sure that bleeding after 2 weeks is considered normal. But, who knows? Our bodies do some really wacky things after loss. 

I waited about 100 days for AF after my first D&C

• Options

I'll call Monday to ask...Its been consistent since 6/4. I'm ready for it to go away!

100 days?! Did you ovulate in that time? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KMW08KMW08 member
    With my natural mc I had bleeding for 2wks. AF showed up right on with my normal cycle schedule.

My 1st DnC I had little to no bleeding and AF showed up close to 50 days later.

This DnC I've had bleeding and spotting for 10 days. I'm only 16days out, so I'm still waiting for AF this time.

I don't know about bleeding that long, but in general it's recommended that if AF doesn't show for 60days, that's worth a dr visit.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    imagesoon2bmrsdaniel:

I'll call Monday to ask...Its been consistent since 6/4. I'm ready for it to go away!

My experience was not normal. I had to have the D&C after giving birth and experiencing retained tissue and a hemmorhage. I suspect that they scraped my lining so thin it took that long to build up enough to get AF. I ovulated about CD 80something I think. I only started charting after 70 or more days had passed.

I just had another D&C 3 weeks ago and started charting again immediately so I can see what my body is doing. 100 days was very frustrating.

But, the surgeon this time told me AF should arrive within 4-6 weeks and that any bleeding after 2 weeks post op required a phone call to his office.

Best of luck.

• Options
    imagePink Camino:
    imagesoon2bmrsdaniel:

My experience was not normal. I had to have the D&C after giving birth and experiencing retained tissue and a hemmorhage. I suspect that they scraped my lining so thin it took that long to build up enough to get AF. I ovulated about CD 80something I think. I only started charting after 70 or more days had passed.

I just had another D&C 3 weeks ago and started charting again immediately so I can see what my body is doing. 100 days was very frustrating.

But, the surgeon this time told me AF should arrive within 4-6 weeks and that any bleeding after 2 weeks post op required a phone call to his office.

Best of luck.

Thank you!! I am definitely going to call Monday. We have decided to start trying as soon as I am cleared and this will obviously make it a little more difficult. 

• Options
    I got A F 5 weeks after dnc at 11 1/2 weeks I was told A F should come back between 4 and 7 weeks. I am not sure about the bleeding. You might want to call your Dr. I did not have much bleeding after dnc so I can't help you with that. I would call to make sure all is ok. When was your check up. Mine was at 4 weeks.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

AF returned for me after 4.5 weeks post-D&C. I have been tracking to see if I returned to a normal 28 day cycle and I am spot on. My doctor recommended 2 full cycles before trying TTC again. It sounds like a long time to be bleeding, but I was questioning my first AF visit as well, since I had inconsistent bleeding that sometimes was spotting and other times was flow.

3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    imageSoupy84:

AF returned for me after 4.5 weeks post-D&C. I have been tracking to see if I returned to a normal 28 day cycle and I am spot on. My doctor recommended 2 full cycles before trying TTC again. It sounds like a long time to be bleeding, but I was questioning my first AF visit as well, since I had inconsistent bleeding that sometimes was spotting and other times was flow.

The bleeding stopped today!!! I am right around 4.5-5 weeks post. I've been using Fertility Friend to track it just so I didn't have to write it on a calendar. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"