February 2013 Moms

Dear neighbors...

Please knock it off with the illegal fireworks. You are scaring the crap out of my dog, who in turn is repeatedly waking up my baby. We would all like to get some sleep tonight.

Re: Dear neighbors...

• ohmyguuuuh I was just about to come on here and write a post like this!! I knew I couldn't be the only mama out there holding my breath hoping that the amateur hour outside wouldn't disturb my lo. If he wakes bc of this SO HELP ME I will be out there in my jams with a crazed look in my eye and a wailing babe in my arms!! Don't mess with the sleep deprived mama. 

Actually no I won't but omg SHUT UP.  I've always hated people who shot off illegal fireworks bc of the danger factor of it all, it just makes me very uncomfortable. Now I also hate it bc its loud as heck and my kid has enough trouble sleeping as is! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The assholes outside have decided to sit right outside my DD's room and shoot fireworks that look and sound like professional grade explosions.  Since they have been practicing all week my LO is exhausted and is actually sleeping through them.  Still, not everyone wants to hear your stupid fireworks! Where are the police when you need them?
  • Loading the player...
  • I was going to say I'm glad not alone, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone! DH finally broke down and took our dog for a ride, so at least DD won't get woken up by his barking. They will probably hit a drive thru somewhere and share an order of chicken nuggets, because that's what they do whenever there's fireworks. DD is back in bed, so I get to relax on the couch and watch I Love Lucy until some jerk decides to set off an extra loud one that wakes DD up on its own. Blech.

• Our town's fireworks were right down the street but LO slept right through them. Why is it she wakes up if DH and I have a conversation anywhere in the house or when I tiptoe past her door, but what sounds like a series of missiles going off outside her window doesn't phase her?
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    Our town's fireworks were right down the street but LO slept right through them. Why is it she wakes up if DH and I have a conversation anywhere in the house or when I tiptoe past her door, but what sounds like a series of missiles going off outside her window doesn't phase her?

LOL

I think you found what kind of "white noise" CD you need to purchase. War zone. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've had neighbors setting of M80 and mortars a couple times a night for the last two weeks. No one is amused, and I think people are getting ready to get a posse together and go lynch someone. 

Tonight is only going to be worse. I figure we've got another 2 weeks of it at least. UGH. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am a Canadian visiting in Arizona and I am currently trying to nurse DS back to sleep, hoping the fireworks quit by the time he is done. They are quite loud out of his bedroom window. I am surprised they are so close. Even with a fan on for white noise they woke him up. Hopefully the neighbours next door aren't having the same issue. They have a baby too. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No fireworks here but the neighbors have been partying loudly on the balcony right outside our bedroom window for the last 2.5 hours. I have been nursing DD back to sleep every 15 minutes during that time. Luckily they seem to have packed it in just before midnight! Sheesh!
  • Ughhhhh yes. My poor dogs are so scared and they woke DS up.

I like cookies.

• Ugh. I was right there with the fireworks too. Woke DS up and I was ready to roam the street ready to shake down the cukprit!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imagemarionravenwood:
    Our town's fireworks were right down the street but LO slept right through them. Why is it she wakes up if DH and I have a conversation anywhere in the house or when I tiptoe past her door, but what sounds like a series of missiles going off outside her window doesn't phase her?

Haha! This is so true. DD1 wakes up for anything, but on NYE this year (they don't celebrate the 4th here, so NYE is their big fireworks night), the fireworks were going on all around us from tons of neighbors for at least 10 minutes before an atomic bomb exploded in the courtyard (I didn't go out a check, but that's what it sounded like) and finally woke her up.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Uck...that sucks.  I'm sorry you all had to deal with that.  I'm usually all over the fireworks but with the baby, I'm glad we moved into a neighborhood that is 80% old people.  LOL.

• That's funny I just wrote something like this in the FFFC thread.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"