Baby Names

What do you think of these names?

We find out if we are having a boy or a girl on Tuesday, July 9th and we want to have our baby names picked out by then.

For a girl we were thinking: Chloe Edelle

For a boy we were thinking: Axel Mason or Axel James

Re: What do you think of these names?

• Chloe is kind of overdone, but fine. Please spell Adele correctly though.

Axel, is well.... No. Unless you want a poo ton of Axel Rose references every freaking day. Mason is trendy and overdone as well, I'm getting tired of Mason.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Chloe is definitely nms. I prefer the mn spelled Adele. 

I would assume you're a big Axel Rose fan.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not a fan of Axel, but I like it better with mn James than Mason.

Chloe is okay. I agree with pp about the spelling of Adele.

• Chloe is nice. I've never seen Edelle so it seems odd to me. I like Adele.

I think Axel is kind of cute. I like Axel James much better than Axel Mason.

• imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:
    Chloe boring, plain, overall very "meh"Edelle no.nbsp; Please spell it correctly as Adele.Axel pretty cringeworthy.nbsp; I picture one of Hell's Angels.Mason boring and too trendy.James love it.nbsp; Classic.

This.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

Chloe is kind of overdone, but fine. Please spell Adele correctly though.

Axel, is well.... No. Unless you want a poo ton of Axel Rose references every freaking day. Mason is trendy and overdone as well, I'm getting tired of Mason.

I agree entirely. I don't see Axel as a serious name. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • I like chloe, mason, and james

axel not even a little

• Haha! This thread is a hoot! I'm so amused with the distaste for Axel! It is a family name on my side and we loooove it! Our Axel's middle name is West a family surname. James is DH's name so Axel James was tossed around and I also really like that mn. You will absolutely get a bazillion people asking/assuming you are guns n roses fans. It's really water off a ducks back and you just laugh it off.

I would like to note its popularity is increasing. If that matters to you. I occasionally hear of other Axel's so and so knows of. It is very nice to hear the elderly approve of the name. I was recently in a store and an older European man heard me call my son by his name. It had been the mans fathers name and it made him smile to hear it again.

I asked this board what they thought of Axel when I was pg and got the same reviews. I suggest to just go with it if you love the name. There will always be someone who doesn't care for the name you chose.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSpitsNGiggles:
    I'm not a fan of Axel, but I like it better with mn James than Mason.

Chloe is okay. I agree with pp about the spelling of Adele.

This for me too! Our LO would be Axel if my husband could have his way. I'm afraid of my child having a lisp and trying to tell people his name. But if you love it that's all that matters.
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    Chloe is kind of overdone, but fine. Please spell Adele correctly though. Axel, is well.... No. Unless you want a poo ton of Axel Rose references every freaking day. Mason is trendy and overdone as well, I'm getting tired of Mason.

I agree. Adele and James are great.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Actually, Edelle is a very old fashioned name, my grandmother's name, for those of you telling me to spell it correctly. It also is how it is spelled in Germany. So that negates all of your comments. 

Axel is also a Danish/German name and it means father or peace, which I think is very sweet.

And no, I am not a fan of Guns N' Roses, if I were, the name would be spelled Axl. My husband is a motorcycle and car fanatic, so that is the name he chose. He is also a Mason, so that name has special meaning.

Some of you really amaze me at how rude and negative  you comment on these names. You should really watch what you say just in case you really hurt the person's feelings if that particular name has special meaning to them.

Good thing, I think most of you are crazy! 

• Axel West is too cute! Thanks for your opinion! We love that name!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"