August 2013 Moms

One beer.

Ugh....DH just opened a bottle of microbrewed heffeweizen from a local place and proffered me a sip and it. tastes. heavenly. Like, the kind of the thing pre-preggo me would say I would give my first-born for.

Fess up - anybody on here follow the "one drink every now and then" custom? I have never been this close to giving in to it. DH, FWIW, says I "only" have 4 more weeks and would likely not be too keen on it. 

Talk me down from the ledge, people.

image"">imageimageimage"">image"

Re: One beer.

• Not worth it. It's 4 weeks. Make sure you request it for your first post-delivery meal; I've already told DH I fully expect him to smuggle  in a bottle of Moscato to go in my water bottle Stick out tongue
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • I had a quarter of a cup of summer shandy the other day... It was sinfully delicious! It's not very alcoholic, so I enjoyed my small quarter cup.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can wait till the end. Although I would love to, there really isn't much point. A jug of sangria will be waiting for me after along side a rum and coke.. Maybe a Cesar.. Mm
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • I will fess up, I finally split a beer w dh last month, it was a REALLY good beer and I couldn't resist. Most doctors say a glass of red wine is ok sparingly in the last trimester though... I will probably get flamed for admitting it but whatever, I haven't had a drink since then and I won't be drinking tonight or prob the rest of my pregnancy for that matter as I have been feeling very nauseous in these final couple weeks

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Don't do it!!!  It is a slippery slope and you will fall into the abyss.  (that is what I tell myself)

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• I know. I know. I really do. And truth be told, the first two trimesters were a breeze. I'm a summer beer girl, though, so I knew these last few weeks would be the hardest, even though you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

Adding a bottle of heffeweizen to the first post-baby meal list - along with a giant Italian cold-cut sub and some sashimi. But not necessarily all at the same time.

image"">imageimageimage"">image"

• I never did with DD, partly because it just didn't sound good and partly because I was a total sanctimonious FTM and all. 

This time I have had a small glass of wine once every week or two since the middle of second tri. There's plenty of research that's concluded that that little alcohol is absolutely harmless. The US has the only zero tolerance policy for alcohol while pregnant... Yet the highest rate of FAS. 

I won't dare touch a piece of lunch meat or pop a single pill, though. Everyone picks and chooses with what they're comfortable with.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBelhurstBride:

This is me too! And it's SO rare I will touch any kind of caffeine, soda or coffee or artificial sweetner. even tho I'm a coffee freak! I've had maybe 5 cups my entire pregnancy. I can honestly say I'd rather split one beer or drink a half a glass of wine than take any kind of OTC or prescription medicine they scare the crap out of me more than anything!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've had some wine or beer sporadically since second tri. Did my research on it and an comfortable with my choice. For the most part it doesn't sound good but occasionally ....

• I would never drink while pregnant. However, to each their own.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely not something I would do or have done. Not risking something I've worked 4 long hard years to get.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a drink of DH's evrery once in a while. I was a huge beer lover prepregnancy so I honestly just miss the taste. Just by taking a drink gives me that taste which is satisfying for now. But I will be happily awaiting my first beer post pregnancy. DH jokes he will bring me one with my first meal in the hospital after birth!
  • I had a sip of wine and that's the extent of it. FI actually brews beer and our home smells like a craft brewery at least once per month. It's evil of him to do this to me! 

I've craved--CRAVED! peach sangria. I cannot wait until I can have it again. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • thellxthellx member

I stopped drinking alcohol around the time we started trying to conceive, and haven't had any since. I look forward to enjoying a glass of wine or a cocktail after our son arrives, but it's not something that I feel like I need or that I'm not willing to completely give up. I wasn't a huge drinker beforehand, though, and my husband doesn't really drink, so I just don't feel that tempted.

• I just want to say... I'm glad we can all have a semi controversial convo and not flame the crap out of each other, I feel so comfortable talking to all you ladies and that's why aug 13 rocks! That is all...

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a friend who is an OB and she drank a pretty nice sized glass of wine every now and again. She was confident that it was fine and her child is very healthy. I have full confidence in her as a practitioner, I am just not even interested in tempting myself. 
  • imageMom2bois85:
    I just want to say... I'm glad we can all have a semi controversial convo and not flame the crap out of each other, I feel so comfortable talking to all you ladies and that's why aug 13 rocks! That is all...

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I'm in the third tri forum and I'm like "ouch, ouch, ouch... it's too hot in here!"
  • imageMom2bois85:
    I just want to say... I'm glad we can all have a semi controversial convo and not flame the crap out of each other, I feel so comfortable talking to all you ladies and that's why aug 13 rocks! That is all...

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I'm in the third tri forum and I'm like "ouch, ouch, ouch... it's too hot in here!"
  • imagemochalattemama:
    imageMom2bois85:

Lol! Well said!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I stuck my fork into my FI's beer and licked it when we were out to eat about a month ago. He ordered a Boulevard Wheat and I do not even like it to begin with. Bleh, didn't even taste good! He had ordered a Coors and when I had gone to the bathroom the waitress came back out and said that they were out.. That was all I needed to make me not want anymore until baby is here. It also made me feel guilty for doing so. PP is right though about picking and choosing, I haven't been perfect. I ate sushi yesterday and loved every single minute of it, and definitely didn't feel bad about it. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • I have had a sip or two of DH wine if he opens a really good bottle. Usually it's to tell him to get another one and save it for me. Or not to bother and to drink it up himself. But it's not a whole glass.

With DS I had a half glass of champaign on New Year's Eve. We were inducing jan 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Nope. And I definitely enjoyed drinking pre-pregnancy. IMO, a buzzed pregnant woman is NOT cute...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I would never drink while pregnant. However, to each their own.

This. I am perfectly fine with waiting 5 weeks to have a drink if I really want one that bad.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Last pregnancy I had a glass of red wine on our anniversary, and a glass of champagne for new years eve. I was in my third trimester. I have a pretty high tolerance so I didn't even feel the alcohol because it was a small amount.

This pregnancy I haven't had any except for a sip of the wine pairings that the sommelier sent out for my husband when we did a tasting menu for my birthday.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Occasionally I'll have a sip of DH's beer if he has one.  That is one thing I REALLY miss since I've been pregnant. I don't think I could ever drink any more than that though.  I DO look forward to having one after baby gets here!  Man what I wouldn't do for a summer shandy or a Hell or High Watermelon!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • I had a glass of red wine yesterday. It was the first time I've done it since we found out LO was cooking. I sipped on it for almost 3 hours and it was the most satisfying glass of wine Ive ever had. I wasn't buzzed at all but went to bed SO relaxed, I can understand why some OB's tell women to have a glass in early labor.
    My OB says a glass of wine or 1 beer on occasion is perfectly fine. To each their own, I don't feel guilty about my glass last night. After It helped me relax so much I will likely have another at some point considering the days are getting more and more uncomfortable.
  • Wasn't too much of a drinker pre pregnancy so going without has been pretty easy.  I actually prefer my virgin drinks to the real thing anyway...sounds crazy I know!

• I'm not a big drinker so it's been easy to abstain both my pregnancies. But I'm no saint. I have probably gone over the recommended caffeine amounts dozens of times. Whoops.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I'm not a big drinker but I had a half glass of bubbly on my anniversary and a sip of my Hs beer now and again in the third tri. I'm comfortable with my decisions :)
    image image

• When I'm not pregnant I drink a lot of red wine. For others, I don't see anything wrong with a glass of wine every so often later in pregnancy. But for me, if anything were to go wrong I know I would look back and blame it on that one glass. I love my wine but I can go 9 months without it.

4 more weeks to go!!!!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    Before the GD diagnosis I would have a non alcoholic beer every once in a while as I love the taste and beer is practically mandatory at all social gatherings in my group. Heck most of the guys brew their own

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • imagethellx:
    I stopped drinking alcohol around the time we started trying to conceive, and haven't had any since. I look forward to enjoying a glass of wine or a cocktail after our son arrives, but it's not something that I feel like I need or that I'm not willing to completely give up. I wasn't a huge drinker beforehand, though, and my husband doesn't really drink, so I just don't feel that tempted.

This is exactly me.

• I've had a glass of champagne on occasion and a small glass of wine here and there this pregnancy. I definitely don't get buzzed or anything.
  • I'm not a big drinker, but before my BFP I was introduced to a sweet Riesling wine and loved it!!! Bought a bottle and then found out I was pregnant a week later. Poor sad bottle sits in the fridge half empty but I keep it as a reminder of what I want to drink when baby is herenot necessarily the same bottle, but symbolically I keep it and lately I've been craving margaritas. But I know that I would want more than one glass so I don't even tempt fate now. But damn, it would taste so sweet...
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I would never drink while pregnant. However, to each their own.

This. And I've been dying for some for some of my seasonal favorites. Just not worth it.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• suv75suv75 member
    I had a quarter glass of red wine at a party 2 months ago. About 2 weeks ago, I was super stressed, DS was being a demon child and I had a huge fight with DH. I lost my shlt and chugged a half glass of white wine to calm myself down. I was ragey and it was much needed.
  • I had some old friends over a few weeks ago and had chilled a nice bottle of Chardonnay for their visit. I had a glass with them; It was delicious and I certainly wasn't "buzzed" from it. And a few weeks later enjoyed a sprinter with a friend.

I had tried maybe like a quarter of a glass back at 18 weeks of my favorite wine at a family function, but never finished it because it tasted awful. Didn't finish it since there was no enjoyment.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • I have a sip of DH's beer every now and again, NBD.

I do have my moments when I would do unholy things for a screwdriver...

• I'll fess up: I'm a "one sip every now and then" mama. meaning, I get the first sip from my DHs drink and I'm done lol
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • You can make it!

I admit, I haven't had any alcohol since we figured out we were pregnant... but we figured it out after a pretty wine-filled Christmas and NYE, so I didn't feel very bad about not drinking any more. Luckily we were super early in the pregnancy. I blame this lack of consumption not on any personal fortitude, but on just not wanting any of the available beverages. 

Our friends and family are big social beer drinkers, and after a while you kind of want an adult beverage rather than ordering water all of the time (I don't care for soda). I found that a Bloody Mary without alcohol tastes just like one with alcohol, and are great for when you want to feel like you are still getting to be an adult on an evening out. The crystal light squirty-things are pretty nice in a glass of water with lemon, too; because when you are on your bijilionth glass of water for the day, you feel like you need to switch it up.

On a really hot day, though, I could so go for a cold beer. I just remind myself that I won't be pregnant for my favorite seasonals: Oktoberfests. 

Best of luck; you can totally make it 4 weeks; compared to making a whole other person? You so got this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"