May 2013 Moms

Dark green jelly like poop

LO today has had quite the diapers, his last diaper was dark green, frothy, and jelly like. All of his other diapers before this have been normal mustard yellow seedy since I'm EBF. I am worried but if course it is a holiday today. Any advice or any experience with this? Could it be OALD or oversupply?

Re: Dark green jelly like poop

• I'm not positive about this, but I think I've heard that frothy green poop is the result of getting mostly foremilk and not enough hindmilk when nursing. Try posting on the breastfeeding board, too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't even think about posting on the breast feeding board. Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's fine!!!! As long as its not black or bloody you are ok. This happens to us from time to time doctor said the babies poop will be every color of the rainbow here and tgere
  • I feel better already I was just concerned because his poops have been pretty normal until today. He's just been so gassy and has had several poopy diapers, then he had one that was green, and being a FTM I freaked out a little. Thank you ladies!!
  • My LO tends to have greenish poop (think salsa verde, lol!) and lots of gas.

We (pedi and I) have narrowed the issue down to an overactive letdown. Basically, the green stool can be an indicator of too much foremilk and not enough hind milk. She suggested I feed on one side per feeding and if that doesn't improve things, then try block feeding (just google it). She also suggested I try different holds and also lean back when I nurse (to have gravity work against us!).

I hope this helps. 

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• imagesugarmamma:
    My LO tends to have greenish poop think salsa verde, lol! and lots of gas.We pedi and I have narrowed the issue down to an overactive letdown. Basically, the green stool can be an indicator of too much foremilk and not enough hind milk. She suggested I feed on one side per feeding and if that doesn't improve things, then try block feeding just google it. She also suggested I try different holds and also lean back when I nurse to have gravity work against us!.nbsp;I hope this helps.nbsp;

This! I feed from the one breast now and my LOs poos are back to yellow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagesugarmamma:
    My LO tends to have greenish poop think salsa verde, lol! and lots of gas.We pedi and I have narrowed the issue down to an overactive letdown. Basically, the green stool can be an indicator of too much foremilk and not enough hind milk. She suggested I feed on one side per feeding and if that doesn't improve things, then try block feeding just google it. She also suggested I try different holds and also lean back when I nurse to have gravity work against us!.nbsp;I hope this helps.nbsp;
    Between my over active letdown and my LOs Hoover/Dyson like suction, we have the same problem. It's not stopping her from gaining lots of weight though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"