March 2013 Moms

Stroller question

At what age would you use an umbrella stroller or a convertible stroller without the car seat?

Re: Stroller question

• As long as he's not sleeping... I put him on the double stroller reclined. If he's sleeping then I use the carseat.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Our umbrella stroller doesn't recline enough for me to want to put him in it.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • I used it for about the first time last month, so about 3 months.

As long as it has the shoulder straps tight enough and your LO has even a tiny bit of head control, I don't see why it couldn't be used at a young age.

• Thanks ladies! My son is almost four months and has awesome head control so I think I'll give the convertible a try without the car seat. We're taking a trip to Maine next month so hoping to be able to use the umbrella stroller since it is much smaller.
  • DS was in his convertible stroller all day yesterday without the car seat and was fine. He actually loved it. I had some toys hooked on there for him and between those and getting to look around at everything and all the people he had a blast!

He does have really good head control and has for awhile, but I don't see how that would make a difference his head is supported from behind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"