May 2013 Moms
Options

Wow cranky!

My LO is usually pretty good at bedtime. She eats and is easy to settle and falls asleep. Tonight she has literally screamed her head off for an hour straight. Nothing makes her happy. I try to nurse her she screams harder. She dry, I've burped her, put her in the mamaroo, on the play mat. Nothing works. I gave her gripe water and nope still screaming. I feel so helpless to not be able to console her.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wow cranky!

• Options
    I dealt with this for about the first month. She was only able to sleep if she was laying with me or my H because she would just scream and it would get louder to where our neighbors heard her. We tried the gripe water and we found that it was not doing anything so we did the mylicon drops and it worked much better. Another thing that I found worked was singing to her and holding her close to my chest. Idk if any of this could work for you but it's worth a try. Hopefully your night gets better, hang in there.
  • Options
    It's so tough when this happens. I just hold LO close and rock until he wears himself out. By then I'm ready to cry with him lol.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    I've had several days like what you describe. My sons now taking zantac for acid reflux but we are not sure that's the problem. I'll try anything at this point. Hopefully your LO's just having a bad day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Are you swaddling her? We found that swaddling helps LO sleep alot better! We also watched happiest baby on the block and worked wonders!
  • Options
    It's called the witching hour, a lot of babies will experience something like this throughout their day. My ds has his usually around 8 pm. It stinks but, the only thing you can do is hold your baby tight. Unfortunately, they will CIO. My pediatrician said it could be a number of things, but usually it's from being overstimulated. Who knows!!!
  • Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    It's the worst, hang in there. Something that usually works for my LO is holding him tight with his head at my chest and bouncing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"