May 2013 Moms

Wake LO for MOTN feeding?

LO is 5 wks 4 days. Last night we used a swaddleme blanket on het for the first time and she slept for 5 hours which is the longest she has ever slept. We are not sure if it was b/c she was just tired b/c we had a hard time putting her to sleep last night especially.
But DH wanted to wake her to feed her b/c he didnt like the idea of her going so long w/out eating, I disagreed. Does anyone wake their LO to eat in the MOTN or just let them sleep and wake up on their own?

Re: Wake LO for MOTN feeding?

• I'm sure at 5 weeks she is above her birth weight so don't wake to feed!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • ALP514ALP514 member
    Our pedi told us not to wake LO in the middle of the night and to feed on demand. The only time ill wake her is during the day if she sleeps more then 3 to 4 hrs at a time but i wouldnt wake her at night.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Let her sleep. As long as she has regained her birth weight and is gaining well she should be fine. The pedi said they will wake up when their hungry. My LO went 7 hours the other night it was wonderful.
  • Allright guess I need to convince DH it's allright! It was nice to get 5 hrs of sleep for once:
  • I'm definitely in the camp of "she will let me know when she's hungry". I never wake LO for a feeding.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would only wake for a night time feed if there were weight gain issues. Babies will wake up when they are hungry.
  • Totally agree with the PPs- don't wake her! My pedi also said that once she regained her birth weight to just let her sleep. Babies will sleep through a lot of sensations, but hunger isn't one of them.

My LO just started sleeping 5 hours stretches consistently (yay!), but now I have to figure out how to adjust my pumping schedule to accommodate. 

She is here! 5-29-13

• I did when we were on a feeding schedule to gain weight but now that we are back to demand feeding I don't and DD sleeps 5 to 6 hours.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • motangmotang member
    imageShantxtell:
    No way! Enjoy the sleep!

This exactly! Baby will wake up when hungry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • As long as there are no weight gain issues, let baby sleep....and you enjoy your sleep!!
  • I agree with all of the PPs. As long as there are no problems with weight gain, I would just let her sleep! The only time I wake up my LO is if she is sleeping for longer than 3-4 hours during the day because if I don't wake her up, she won't sleep at all at night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"