April 2013 Moms
Options

Separation anxiety 3mo's???

I stayed home with my daughter for 3 months and just returned to work on Monday. Generally, I would say I have a happy child. Well, my at home sitter tells me that she cries a lot and is inconsolable at some points. She has been fighting her sleep, but I know how to calm her down and get her to fall asleep. I am hoping that she is just getting to know the sitter and that the sitter is learnig how to comfort her.
She also has been sleeping 12 hours straight in her crib at night. For the last 2 nights she wakes up and either takes a bottle or just needs to be rocked back to sleep. She doesn't want my husband for any of this, just me.
My sitter keeps trying to "diagnose" her with colic and gas, but she has never had issues with that in the 3 mo's that I was home with her. Could she be having seperation anxiety at such a young age?

Re: Separation anxiety 3mo's???

• Options
    Babies want their mamas, plain and simple. It's not SA, it's instinct
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Sleep with a blanket and leave it with your sitter so baby has something that smells like you.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRussianMommy:

I'm gonna have to agree with this. Its true - its probably not even conscious at this point, she just wants Mom. The good news is that it'll be okay. Once the sitter joins the ranks of "people who regularly hold me and take care of me" your LO will be fine with it. Don't worry!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

imageRussianMommy:

this. But with time, LO will get used to the sitter and be much happier. For now, just give her lots of snuggles and love when you're together, and encourage your sitter to do the same. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

imageRussianMommy:

this. But with time, LO will get used to the sitter and be much happier. For now, just give her lots of snuggles and love when you're together, and encourage your sitter to do the same. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"