Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Would you be cool with this?

A friend of mine is pregnant and due this fall. I wanted to get her a nice carrier and lucked out and found an Ergo on sale for $70 on babysteals. But I just found out that she is having a boy and the pattern is Evening in Innsbrook (kind of girly). 

Link to the pattern: 

https://www.babyearth.com/ergo-baby-petunia-pickle-bottom-organic-carrier-evening-in-innsbruck.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&kwid=productads-sku^13843-adtype^PLA-adid^18766003455

I personally would not care that the carrier is sort of feminine patterned, but I'm pretty chill about stuff like that. Do you think I should still give it to her? Am I overthinking this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you be cool with this?

• It wouldn't bother me, she is wearing it too so to me it is like her clothes or an extension of - the baby is just sitting in it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pp..   it is an extension of her because it is her that is wearing it. Quite frankly I don't think it is very feminine.  Think it would totally work unisex..

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's totally unisex. Go for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • I actually think it is a nice compromise between feminine (because she is a woman) and masculine (because of the baby boy). It's dark but has some nice pattern. I would love it!
  • I think it's totally fine. I'd put my son in that!

Beware of fakes though. I've heard of them selling fake ergos on babysteals.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageoliversmommy32912:
    I think it's totally fine. I'd put my son in that! Beware of fakes though. I've heard of them selling fake ergos on babysteals.

I was kind of skeptical, but it arrived yesterday and seems like the real thing. Took a long time to get here though. 

• I happen to really like that pattern.  I don't agree that it is gender neutral, however.  It isn't like DH would purchase that for himself.

That said, I was pretty particular about the carrier I picked out.  I'd be thrilled with the one you have, but just saying that if it isn't her taste and she is particular as I was, she might be disappointed?  Can you just give a gift receipt with it?  That way it's up to her to keep the gift or exchange and shell out extra cash for another style. 

• imageSunAndRain:

I happen to really like that pattern.  I don't agree that it is gender neutral, however.  It isn't like DH would purchase that for himself.

That said, I was pretty particular about the carrier I picked out.  I'd be thrilled with the one you have, but just saying that if it isn't her taste and she is particular as I was, she might be disappointed?  Can you just give a gift receipt with it?  That way it's up to her to keep the gift or exchange and shell out extra cash for another style. 

I don't have a gift receipt because I bought it online at Babysteals. She is a FTM and registered for a "crotch dangler", hence what prompted me to get her a better carrier in hopes that she will realize how great babywearing can be with a good carrier. 

But I do agree that some dads may not want to wear it. Hopefully her DH won't mind. 

• imageDaisyBlinks:

Our Ergo is bright purple and DS an DH have no problems: 

Ok, so DS does look pissed. But I swear it's not the color! 

Haha, ok I guess I should quit over-thinking this. 

• hehe, thats the one we have! i think with the black and white, it is a lot more unisex than the flowery pattern on it. i would have loved that for a gift! 
  • I would just give it to her.  I love my Ergo and I would wear that with a boy no problem :)
  • The patterns on them are generally for mommy, not the baby lol. I bought a "pretty" one for myself, and have would have bought the same one if I had a boy. I think you're overthinking it. She'll love it :) My DH never wore DD, but he would have had no issues wearing ours even with pink deer all over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"