May 2013 Moms

Tell me it's just a phase

If I'm home alone with C, I get nothing done. He won't let me put him down for more than 2 minutes. I don't even think I brushed my teeth today. It's really frustrating. I try to remember that he won't be this small for long so just enjoy it, but that's hard when my house is trashed, I've hardly eaten, and forget about making dinner for my husband.

Even if hes asleep, the second I lie him down he wakes up. I've tried putting him in the RnP, Mamaroo, bouncy seat, even his car seat. It all seems hopeless. Tell me it's just a phase.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tell me it's just a phase

• I've given up on trying to clean the house. S is the same way most days so if I can get to brushing my teeth by 2pm I consider that a win for the day. I just try to remind myself that I only have a few more weeks at home with her before I have to go back to work so even if I don't end up with a shower or even get out of my pjs for the day, I got to spend the day with her so it was worth it.
  • I could have written this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Like pp said, maybe try a wrap or sling so you can multitask?
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imagekelly422:
    Like pp said, maybe try a wrap or sling so you can multitask?

I've tried the Moby. He screamed and eventually fell asleep but I felt like I couldn't do much because he's such a light sleeper.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemrshall10210:
    I could have written this.

Me too.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Mine lives in the Moby. Its safer for him and he is happy so I can get things done. With 2 others it would be impossible to do anything without my Moby. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • April!April! member
    Mine is the same way, and almost the same age. I'm just going with it, but it can get annoying!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • My mom held J most of the morning so I could do a TON of laundry. I told her I don't know how anyone gets anything done with a newborn.

Good luck ladies and remember... If anyone comes over they won't be looking at the house, they are just here to see the baby lol.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Yes, it's just a phase. Hang in there. I, too, have a trashed house most days and don't get around to brushing my teeth or eating breakfast until like noon. DH understands and doesn't expect dinner to be prepared while LO is this young. It was this way with DS1 as well and we know it will pass.

Keep trying different things. Babies are always changing and one day you'll find tolerance of something where previously there was refusal. Keep trying to wear LO in different slings/wraps, keep trying the bouncer and swing and carseat, bring your stroller inside if you have to, etc. Keep at it and eventually you'll find something that works. Also keep snacks and water in the nursery so you don't starve!

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"