February 2013 Moms

Got Traded :(

I feel like I got fired today.... Even though I am still on maternity leave and will be until he is a year old. 

My company just bought out another company, but had to divest some properties before the sale got approved by the telecommunications regulations board. So myself and another woman on maternity leave are part of the team of people being sold with one of the properties. 

Now, we are in Canada so we aren't sure if they can even do that. And secondly, something smells fishy to me. It sucks because I have worked for the place that I will be going to and I never liked a lot of the people there and I will have to pay over a $100 a month now to park. So going back to work next year will mean added bills in child care and parking.

And the worst part is not having my boss anymore. I love my boss. He is inspiring and always teaches you amazing life lessons. The boss over there is unsupportive and boring

Yuck. I feel like a baseball card.

And they said to me that they did it because they had to send someone valuable over. I call BS.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Got Traded :(

• Wow, that is really crummy. That wouldn't sit well with me, either. I'm sorry Sad
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GAH!  That's sucky, I'm sorry.  You might want to check with Service Canada to see if they can do that while you're on mat leave (I'm not on mat leave so I don't know if it's legal or not).  It's worth checking out though.

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh I hate crap like that. Six years ago I took a new job and within a month they traded me to another office. To this day I still suspect they hired me just so they could trade me. I was so mad! I hope things work out. Would it help at all to talk to your old boss to see if anything can be done? Would you want to look for a new job? You have time until maternity leave ends, although I feel like 'time' is a relative term these days.
  • I'm in Canada as well and this exact thing has happened to many women on mat leave within my company. When I return to work in Feb, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up in a location that I will hate. I'm being told they are keeping my position open in the last location that I was. Even though it is currently filled by another while I'm off. I just can't see them sending this other person away and yes, the BS that goes with it is ridiculous. Always trying to make you feel as though YOU should be excited for the crappy situation they are shipping you into, when it's all just corporate decisions.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagestarting all over again:
    I'm in Canada as well and this exact thing has happened to many women on mat leave within my company. When I return to work in Feb, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up in a location that I will hate. I'm being told they are keeping my position open in the last location that I was. Even though it is currently filled by another while I'm off. I just can't see them sending this other person away and yes, the BS that goes with it is ridiculous. Always trying to make you feel as though YOU should be excited for the crappy situation they are shipping you into, when it's all just corporate decisions.

wow! As much as it is nice to talk to someone in the same situation, I am sorry to hear you are going through the same thing. As my mom puts it, all theses companies care about is feeding the beast. The only upside I get to all this is the company I will be going to is family run and apparently has good reviews. Still sucks.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"