August 2012 Moms

Update on me

I was finally discharged from the hospital tonight. They are treating me for Lyme/ any other tick disease. The ct scan showed the pain in my neck was from my lymph nodes enlarging from the infection. I was preparing myself for the worst, and couldn't stop crying until i heard no mass. The antibiotic is a gray area for bfing. They say its ok for a little but prolonged use is not safe so I'm a little nervous. The lactation consultant was very helpful. Thank you for the advice to ask for one. So it's just antibiotic, rest, and fluids until I see my family dr next week. DF was awesome and stayed with me the whole time until he asked if he could go see DD so my mom and him switched for an hour. I'm sure he's exhausted after sleeping the first night sitting up in a chair! Thanks for the TPs. Watch out for ticks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on me

• How frightening! I'm so glad you're on the mend and that things are looking up!!

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I'm glad you got some answers! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecarolyn231723:
    Glad you got answers and you had a helpful LC. Ticks scare me! I hope you feel better!

All of this! Hugs!!!
  • So glad it's nothing scary! Hope you are back to normal very soon!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So scary - glad to hear you are out of the hospital and on the mend.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • imagemeaknigh:
    How frightening! I'm so glad you're on the mend and that things are looking up!!

All of this! Sending fast recovery t&p's your way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLiliDragon:
    I've been wondering about you! Yikes on the Lyme disease! That's some scary shiiit! KLil had a scare with this, but she said it's often misdiagnosed. Are they sure that's what it is? I guess I just ask bc the drugs are such a PITA IV isn't it?nbsp;Thank goodness you're nbsp;ok!!nbsp;

They actually haven't confirmed Lyme but are suspecting some type of tick born illness. The first two doses were ivs but now I take a pill twice a day. I will find out for sure Friday, but since I was feeling better after the first two doses it looks like that's what it is.
  • Im so sorry you are going through this I hope you get well soon. Have you tried to call infant risk center about the antibiotics? They are amazingly helpful and have lots of research to back them up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"