3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring big

I've measured big at my last 2 appointments 26 cm at 24 weeks, and 29 cm at 27 weeks. This is my second pregnancy and I feel and look huge! My daughter was 6 lbs 9oz at birth. Does this mean I will have a "big" baby? Anyone else measuring ahead?

Re: Measuring big

• Options
    I'm 32 weeks measuring at 38. My doctor is concerned enough that I'm being referred to perinatology to have a higher level ultrasound. It's scheduled for Tuesday.

I'm hoping this is just a big baby, and not a case of excessive amniotic fluid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Measurements can be off.  I'm figuring from the above numbers u are talking about fundal height.... Not  growth u/s.   either way, they can be off.

I've measured big for both my first and second pgs.  This one they changed my due date and apparently it is around 50 percentile. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There are at least 10 posts on this board each week asking essentially the same question.

Measurements and u/s are estimates.  Don't stress.  Your body knows what to do. 

Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Options
    I measured almost 4 weeks ahead at the end and had a 7 lb baby. Try not to worry too badly!
  • Options
    I was measuring 3-5 weeks ahead from about 2nd tri on until the baby dropped two weeks ago - now I'm measuring right on track. I wouldn't worry about it, especially only measuring two weeks ahead.
    Anniversary

• Options
    imageCNYBride05:
    There are at least 10 posts on this board each week asking essentially the same question.Measurements and u/s are estimates. nbsp;Don't stress. nbsp;Your body knows what to do.nbsp;

This.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    skioskio member
    Fundal height measurements are super inaccurate. A friend of mine measured six weeks ahead at one point and had a totally normal sized 8lb baby.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A 2cm variation is within the range of normal. So no, it doesn't mean you're going to have a big baby. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I almost wish they didn't measure fundal height because its 99% of the time pretty off. My friend delivered in March and at 34 weeks was measuring 40 weeks. After the OB panicked and had her do a growth u/s, she was actually measuring 2 days behind. Baby was born at 8lbs even, totally healthy and normal. I am measuring on the dot for fundal height but by u/s I am almost 3w ahead.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"