June 2013 Moms

Nursing and large breasts

Any ideas for helpful things/techniques? LO doesn't always want to latch on like he can, and I'm at a loss. My breasts are large...like FF or G cup. What have you found useful? I was wondering about nursing pillows or other stuff...advice and so on. Thanks!

Re: Nursing and large breasts

• I use the football hold it is easiest for us.
  • Positioning is key-- the side lying and football holds are recommended. I have large breasts, however, I still use the cross cradle hold fairly often. It works well for us.  

I'm so crafty, I make people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Football on the right. Cross cradle on the left. That's what the lactation consultant suggested and it has been so much better. And the My Brest Friend nursing pillow. And roll up a small towel or face cloth and put it under your breast to prop it up.
  • football held is great help! I am a double d and this use to be a issue but now he does a fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jefkjefk member
    I'm a E cup now, and when my boobs fill up with milk, they get hard and my nipples get flat.  I saw an LC who recommended a nipple shield.  It allowed DD to latch on.  
  • imageJANCANDANCE:
    I use the football hold it is easiest for us.

This. 

• My boobs are an I cup. I use My Brest Friend pillow, cross cradle hold, and do hold my hand under my breast when feeding so it doesn't pull away from DS's mouth. I also make sure to "hamburger" my boob when latching him on, I find it makes a big difference.

• I'm a G cup currently. Washcloth rolled up under the breast, the football hold, a boppy pillow, and a nipple shield are all must have's for me right now. I had a tiny baby too, so it's made it even more difficult. Good luck!
  • NOV04NOV04 member
    imagechristaman:
    Football on the right. Cross cradle on the left. That's what the lactation consultant suggested and it has been so much better. And the My Brest Friend nursing pillow. And roll up a small towel or face cloth and put it under your breast to prop it up.

This!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"