July 2011 Moms

milk

assuming your LO still is drinking milk.  Have you switched from whole milk to 2%, 1% etc ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: milk

• She's still drinking whole. She's always been low on the weight percentiles, so I'm ok with sticking with it for a while. We'll see what the doc says at her 2-year-appt. (Isn't that crazy??? Our LOs are already 2!)

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• My kid is huge (30+lbs) and she's still getting 2 cups of whole milk every day. I really don't think 2 cups a day is going to cause an issue and the Dr never mentioned switching. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't stop staring at randomosity's gif 

x_x  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Both my boys are still drinking whole milk. My 5 year old is a pretty skinny build bit Dylan is already over 30 pounds. They both like it. I don't plan on switching any time soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lena drinks 2%, but she has from the start of her milk drinking. She would not drink whole milk for anything, so we gave 2% a try and she loved it, so we figured it was certainly better than no milk at all. I think we will be sticking with it for the foreseeable future. 
  • Emme gets almond or coconut milk. She can't have much dairy, things get icky lol
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • She's still on neocate jr mostly,but when we mix milk in with it,it's whatever we have.usually 2 We were buying half gallons of whole milk for her,but it was always wasted.
  • I just switched Carter. He's a total chunk and eats lots of dairy (cheese and yogurt) so I'm not worried about it. It's much easier to just buy one gallon that the whole family will drink. I'll probably alternate between skim, 1% and 2%.

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• Our Ped told us to make the switch from whole to 2% between his 18 month and 2 yr appoint (his weight percentage is around 20th percentile) so we did that around April. It's nice to not have two gallons of milk in the fridge all the time but man we go through milk like crazy now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still on whole milk here. No reason to switch I guess. DD's a little skinny, doesn't drink a ton of it, and it's nice to have around to cook with.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • jmo866jmo866 member
    You posted this ages ago but I'll reply, just bought our first 2% today at the grocery store. I know they are going to say to switch at his 2 year appointment and he is a big boy, so I said once he finished the last one I'd switch. It's so much cheaper.

• We haven't switched yet but plan to. DD loves her milk, has a milk gut and drinks around 16oz a day. She's 26 lbs so I think we are ready to switch.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"