Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Nightime separation anxiety

DD is 10 months. She was STTN other than the few occasions she couldn't find her paci. I would go in and give to her and she would be fine. Even if I had to feed her, I could do so and put her right back down and she would go back to sleep on her own.

Now....I can't even walk in a give her her paci without her screaming when I leave. I tried to stay away and see if she would settle, I've rocked her back to sleep and laid her back down (she screams). Last night, I had to bring her to our bed (which I really don't want to start but I am also pregnant and desperate for sleep). Anybody else going through this? What have you done? Did it just pass? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker 

Re: Nightime separation anxiety

• DD has started crying when I put her in her crib at night. She never used to do this, so I'm guessing it's a separation anxiety thing. If I pick her up again to soothe her, she stops, but starts up again as soon as I lay her down. I've found if I pat her back and leave the room, she settles herself within a minute or two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh. We are in a similar situation. We are staying with my parents, and have been since the beginning of May. DH got a job offer back in March and then thanks to the sequestration, there was a budget freeze. Thankfully things are moving along now and we can get moving into our own house, but since we've had to share a room with DS2 things have been tough. He knows we are in there with him so he'll sleep a few hours once we put him down, but come midnight or so he'll scream and cry and we end up letting him sleep with us. There's nothing else we can really do since we don't want to keep my parents up since they both work, but now I'm dreading having to basically start all over when we get into our own house next week. I'm worried it's gonna take a while :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemelody921:
    DD has started crying when I put her in her crib at night. She never used to do this, so I'm guessing it's a separation anxiety thing. If I pick her up again to soothe her, she stops, but starts up again as soon as I lay her down. I've found if I pat her back and leave the room, she settles herself within a minute or two.

This is us too. 

• DS has started having night terrors (or so I assume) and does this. If I rock him and lay him back down, he'll cry for a minute and then roll over and go back to sleep.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• OMG!!! it is refreshing to know that I am not alone. We have a jr4 [sm 1 bed] My 11.5 month old's crib is in our room. We rent the apartment from a relative that is recovering from a massive stroke, and I have a wicked neighbor that files a report for everything. I try to keep the baby calm and quiet.  

He caught the worst cold and was diagnosed with asthma 4 months ago. Since I had to give him nebulizer treatments 3 times a day he exhausted himself, fell asleep in my arms, fighting the treatments. Since then he only falls asleep in my arms and sleeps in our bed.

If he falls asleep in my arms and I put him in his crib, he doesnt sleep there long. He'll wake up screaming and will not even suck his thumb. I dont know what else to do? Any suggestions will help....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"