June 2013 Moms
Options

Left eye

Ellie's left eye is still swollen at all times and crusty and goopy. Anyone else have a one month old that still has a bad eye? Should I call the pedi? We have an appt already on the eighth.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Left eye

• Options
    Sounds like a clogged tear duct. There isn't anything the pedi can do unless it gets infected if the discharge is lime green and/or the eye is red. It should clear up by a year old.

In the meantime, with gentle pressure use your pinky and push in the corner of the eye and down the shaft of the nose multiple times a day to unclog the duct. And make sure you clean the gunk with a clean, warm, wet washcloth wiping from the inside of the eye to the outside.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    Thank you. I just feel bad for her. I hope it doesn't hurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS had it until about 6 months and it only seemed to really bother him when it would get infected thank you daycare...

Didn't make for good pictues either, he always had a wonky eye
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    imagewillman2585:
    Sounds like a clogged tear duct. There isn't anything the pedi can do unless it gets infected if the discharge is lime green and/or the eye is red. It should clear up by a year old.

In the meantime, with gentle pressure use your pinky and push in the corner of the eye and down the shaft of the nose multiple times a day to unclog the duct. And make sure you clean the gunk with a clean, warm, wet washcloth wiping from the inside of the eye to the outside.

This. We are dealing with the same thing.
  • Options
    Yes my two week baby girl had this and i read that if your breast feeding a drop of milk on both eyes would help that , and i tried that and it worked amazing because your breastmilk had antibodies that help. it took like three to four days to go away, and do it about three times a day. i was a little iffy at first but it worked for me and i didnt have to take her to the doctor as i was planning too. Goodluck!
  • Options
    I put breast milk in a couple times, but I'm going to try a few times a day for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"