August 2012 Moms

4th recipe?

So before anyone suggests it, I am too lazy to make one of those flag cakes or tarts. I've done them before but not this year. ;]

I'm going to a cookout tomorrow and bringing a dessert. I'm leaning toward some sort of pie or a pie bar type thing. I wonder about pie because would be be better for people to have something they can eat more easily? Another option would be cheesecake cupcakes. I could put berries on them or swirl berry stuff in them for the same red white and blue effect as a flag cake, just lazy style. Normally I have better ideas. What are you making/bringing? Or what would you want brought to our event?
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: 4th recipe?

• imageBaker_Bride:
    Or what would you want brought to our event?

Umm, Baker with dessert !!!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ooooh cheesecake cup cakes!  With whipped cream on top and fresh strawberries and blueberries!

We are bbqing at our house.  My mom is bringing a good old apple pie.  We are also having the summertime regs- burgers, hot dogs, kabobs, salad, mac and cheese, watermelon and fried green tomatoes.

:::drool:::

• Loading the player...
  • I'm making strawberries hollowed out and filled with cheesecake filling. Then I'm topping the filling with blue or red sprinkles. You, however, should definitely make cheesecake cupcakes. I'm drooling just thinking about them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm making a chocolate Pavlova with raspberries on top. It's kind of intense but I LOVE it.
  • imageKLilley:

ooooh cheesecake cup cakes!  With whipped cream on top and fresh strawberries and blueberries!

We are bbqing at our house.  My mom is bringing a good old apple pie.  We are also having the summertime regs- burgers, hot dogs, kabobs, salad, mac and cheese, watermelon and fried green tomatoes.

:::drool:::

I love fried green tomatoes! That sounds like the perfect 4th menu.  

• Check out the red white and blueberry trifle on skinnytaste. It's soooo good and crazy easy... Plus, it's festive!

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • imageLindsayDesigner:
    I'm making a chocolate Pavlova with raspberries on top. It's kind of intense but I LOVE it.

I love pavlova but I doubt I will be making anything with fluffy egg whites until winter. It is too humid! 

• Eclair cakes are wonderful! Super easy. But not homemade like the things you usually make so Im not sure you'd like.
    It's graham crackers layered with a vanilla pudding/ cool whip mixture with chocolate frosting on top and put in the fridge over night.
    I would make the cheesecake cupcakes out of what you listed. They would be more portable and delicious.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • I love the cheesecake cupcake idea. Yum.
    I'm bringing fruit kabobs to our family BBQ. Nothing fancy. I've done trifles which are also super easy. Red white and blue strawberries are also easy to make and eat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageBaker_Bride:

imageLindsayDesigner:
    I'm making a chocolate Pavlova with raspberries on top. It's kind of intense but I LOVE it.

I love pavlova but I doubt I will be making anything with fluffy egg whites until winter. It is too humid!

That's the beauty of living in a desert!
    I think cheesecake cups sound delicious!
  • imageLindsayDesigner:
    imageBaker_Bride:

imageLindsayDesigner:
    That's the beauty of living in a desert! I think cheesecake cups sound delicious!

Yep! I tried making meringues last July and that was a very stupid idea indeed. It has rained here every day I think for two weeks running. It can stop. Seriously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"