Working Moms
Options

nwmr- popular jewelry for 16 yr olds?

once upon a time things like the tiffany bean necklace and their chain bracelet made for good keepsake, can use for a long time type jewelry but those are not around anymore & I'm sure things have changed...looking for a jewelry idea for a 16 yr old bday that is not over $200 but something that she could use at least into college as a 'nice' piece of jewelry...any high school teachers or others who know what type of thing teenagers might like/use/appreciate?

Re: nwmr- popular jewelry for 16 yr olds?

• Options
    JVS311JVS311 member
    I still love my TCo bean that I got when I was 17! They still have a lot of sterling pieces that are under 200. I personally love any Peretti necklace from Tiffany. I recently gave an initial necklace as a gift: https://m.tiffany.com/mobile/shopping/Item.aspx?langprefforca=1sku=GRP00330

• Options
    Not sure if you have them where you are, but you could do a Pandora necklace. You buy charms for them. That way if she wants to change them or add to them later on, she can. I'm not a big jewelry person myself, but my mom gave the charm bracelets from there to my cousins for their graduations and they loved them. They make charms for all ages.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccamccam member

The Alex and Ani bracelets are popular now.  They're a lot less than $200 but you could get a few so she could stack them. 

ETA:  Or check out etsy, they have some really unique jewelry.  Maybe something with her initial? 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    imageccam:

The Alex and Ani bracelets are popular now.  They're a lot less than $200 but you could get a few so she could stack them. 

ETA:  Or check out etsy, they have some really unique jewelry.  Maybe something with her initial? 

LOL My SIL just gave me a couple alex & ani bracelets for my bday adn I really like them but assumed they were just from some local jewelry place near her or something, had no idea I was wearing trendy bracelets :)

• Options
    ccamccam member
    imagegroovygrl:
    imageccam:

LOL My SIL just gave me a couple alex & ani bracelets for my bday adn I really like them but assumed they were just from some local jewelry place near her or something, had no idea I was wearing trendy bracelets :)

Haha... honestly, either did I!  I bought my sister one that says "Aunt" and then noticed how much people wear them.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Most of the girls in my high school wear fake trendy stuff.  Some have really nice diamond earrings or necklaces.  You could always get a pretty birthstone necklace or earrings.  Other girls  have pretty white gold hearts or a pendent of things they enjoy doing (ballet slippers, their number of their sports team etc)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

All the girls in my family wear the Tiffany's Venetian link bracelet.  It's our thing.

Also, agree with Pandora.  It's fun to build on it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    James Avery has some nice pieces that could mature with her. 
  • Options
    Stick with Tiffany's, IMO. There are a lot of necklaces under 200 and she will have it forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"