August 2012 Moms

3 things you can't live without.

3 things you can't live without for mobile users.

I have been hanging out on the Feb 2013 board.  This is borrowed from them.

3 baby items that have been helpful, even if you don't necessarily use them now, or something you have recently found useful.

Re: 3 things you can't live without.

• alakealake member

1. City select stroller.  I use it as a double, but used it before Mallorie and Logan joined the family.  It went to Ireland in November of last year, and is heading to Italy on Saturday with us.

2.  My two infant car seats.  I have two different brands, as I needed something smaller to fit in my back seat.  Eryn is in a Britax Chaperone.  I bought it on a great sale, with a added discount on top of it.  I ended up spending about what I would have paid for a Graco Snugride 35, which was the other seat I was looking at.  I love the anti rebound bar that is attached to the base.  It has been on 15 international flights.  Mallorie is in a Aton, for the fact that it is a lot skinnier than the Chaperone.  It needed to fit in the back row of my Honda Odyssey, against the passenger side.  It is a really good seat.

3.  Bumbo.  I have two, one for each of the girls.  My DD2 used one until 18 months or so.  I kept it at my parents house and would use it as a seat for her to eat in, on the floor.

• 1. White noise app. Best $2 I've ever spent.

2. Mum-mums, veggie sticks, puffs, any snack that helps me be able to pee by myself.

3. Yo Gabba Gabba 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • White noise machine.
    Ergo.
    Bouncer. [We used that for the first 4 months, and he slept in it for the first 2!]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ccamccam member

1) Video monitor

2) Good rocking chair for nursery

3) Ergo

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Infantino mei tai
    Bouncer, now I kind of wish I did the swing
    Avent pump
  • 1. A & A swaddle blankets---he was swaddled until he could roll. Now he uses them for lovies at night.

2. Video monitor--Our bedroom is upstairs, his is downstairs. Sometimes he wakes up and goes back to sleep before I get his bottle ready.

3. Bibs! He was such a spitter. Thank goodness he has finally outgrown that.

• 1. Ergo

2. Carter's sleep sacks. Why oh why can't anyone else make sleep sacks with sleeves? 

3. A and A blankets 

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• alakealake member

imagelady_tytah:
    Infantino mei tai Bouncer, now I kind of wish I did the swing Avent pump

We splurged and bought the mamaroo.  I didn't know what I would think about it, as both DD1& DD2 lived in their swings until about three months.  DD1 wouldn't sleep anywhere else, and DD2 had colic bad.  Both Eryn and Mallorie loved the mamaroo. 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    1. Ergo2. Carter's sleep sacks. Why oh why can't anyone else make sleep sacks with sleeves?nbsp;3. A and A blanketsnbsp;

With Nene I loved carters sleep sacks!
  • imageMrsWhipple:

3. Bibs! He was such a spitter. Thank goodness he has finally outgrown that.

I am in love with our bumkins bibs! I tried all these other cheap brands and caved and bout two three packs of the Dr. Seuss ones. Love.   

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• A fan
    Puffs
    Travel system stroller
  • 1) My Moby wrap/ Ergo carrier. I use the carrier every day and I wouldn't be able to walk the dog or go places around here without it or I couldn't get as much done around the house.

2) wooden blocks to keep him entertained, plastic measuring cups too.

3) baby gates so I can sit back in the living room and let him play without having to chase him out of the kitchen or away from the stairs every 5 seconds. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • We used the boppy pillow a lot - obviously for BFing but also for tummy time, then to place behind him so I could let him sit and play and feel comfortable walking away, and he still uses it at 10 months to lay on while he has a bottle and watches Disney Jr. I guess we could live without it b ut it's been the #1 item we've used the most.

Sleep sack, he refused to sleep without it after he grew out of the swaddle until recently.

High chair (we have a space saver) but either would work to put him a place to contain him and let him feed himself.

Anniversary
  • 1. Sleep Sheep

2. Rock N Placy

3.Wubbanub 

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• 1. Her pacifier. She doesn't use it much, most days just to fall asleep. But one the one or two days a week she's having a meltdown midday and we're out, I am glad we have it.

2. My iPhone. Not a baby item per se, but I used it constantly months 0 to 4 during nursing sessions to bump, write emails, surf the net, etc. we used an app to record feedings and sleep schedules. And now it's a combo baby toy and photo album. I back up my photos every day knowing what a loss it would be if this phone died.

3. Baby Jogger city mini stroller. She never liked being worn, though maybe we just didn't have the right carrier. But she was out and about with us from week 1 in the stroller, first in her infant seat attached, now in the stroller. I see us using this thing daily for years still.
  • It's really hard to pick 3.

1. Video monitor. I had a hard time moving him to his own room and this helped a lot.

2. Double electric pump. I began to exclusively pump around 4 or 5 months and it was great to have such a nice pump.

3. Kenny loggins lullaby cd. Playing this on repeat increased naps from 30 min to an hour and a half.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• 1) Boppy -- my arms only survived nursing due to this!

2) Video Monitor -- I love to just watch her sometimes. And I worry too much. If I opened the door every time I'd wake her.

3) Changing Table -- I don't know how some people do without it, I have no desire to change  her on the floor in the middle of the night. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mickey Mouse.. I thank the Lord for Mickey every day. When J had to sit up for half an hour after eating, or when I need some quiet... he always saves the day.

My phone. It got me through so many hours of pumping. So boring.

Puffs and veggie sticks. For being awesome and yummy when my kid is sick, and will eat nothing else.
  • 1. Jumparoo, he goes in it twice a day. Once first thing in the morning so I can squeeze in a 30 to 40 min kettlebell workout without chasing a baby around. And then for 20 mins after breakfast so I can shower in peace. When he was smaller this was the bouncer.

2. His tub. He loves the water so days he is a grump bucket due to teething or wonder week if all else fails in making him happy I pop him in the bath and he will play happily for over an hour then is usually content for another hour or two after said bath.

3. This stupid little plastic ball that makes a bunch of different noises when you shake it. We got it out of the dollar bin at Target for a stocking stuffer. Best dollar spent ever. As long as he has that thing in his hands he will lay or sit still for diaper changes, getting clothes on, hair brushed, lotion and sunscreen applied, etc.

• 1.) for the first four months, the swing.  He napped in that thing for every nap.

2.) swaddle/sleep sack.  He was in the swaddle for sooooo long, and now uses a sleep sack.  

3.) Cheerios, mums, "cookies".... Add cheese, raisins, peas to that list.  Any snack that can keep him happy and entertained while I prepare dinner. 

image image
  • imageMedhp00:
    1. My exercise ball. I sit on it and bounce while holding Max. It was one of the only things that soothed him when he was colicky and it still does the trick now when we are having a rough night. It also helped strengthen my core after my csection lower impact method.2. Gripe water for colic and little medicine bottle. I don't use this anymore but when he was dealing with colic I bought this stuff out of desperation. I think it may have calmed him a little but what it really helped with was getting rid of hiccups the dreaded hiccups that sometimes caused him to spit up a lot. Max frequently got the hiccups so this stuff combined with the little medicine bottle really worked sucking it from the bottle worked better than the syringe and the bottle had measurements and he liked the nipple better than any pacifier.3. Currently we can't live without books and the Bjorn active/stroller. He loves being outside all the time and he loves books. I can put a book and toy out and he always chooses to pick up the book. nbsp;

My exercise ball was a lifesaver when DS was younger. He hated being rocked with a passion but bouncing on the ball put him right to sleep!

• From the early days, I would say white noise app, Rock N Play, and A+A swaddle blankets. Honorable mention goes to coffee. 

Now it's more like puffs, sippy cup, and Britax car seat since we're always on the go. 

• 1. My Boppy. I love that thing! I still use it now!

2. The snugabunny swing. DD napped in that for months!

3. The rock n play. That's what DD slept in for probably 5 months. We borrowed ours from a friend but I am planning on buying one whenever we have #2.

• White noise machine
    Breast Friend
    Cheerios
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Cloud b sleep giraffe.
    Avent pacifier
    Puffs

Now a 5 car he pushes I bought at a garage sale!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"