August 2012 Moms

Birthday attire?

Anyone just doing nice clothes? No tutu or etsy designed outfit? I just can't see spending a ton of cash on one day if I dress them in a cute dress and shorts and a polo? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just times two gets pricey and the party starts at one, they nap at 2:30.

Re: Birthday attire?

• This is what we are doing. Chloe is having 3 birthday's though (my parents are divorced and live several states apart and DH's family lives way far away too). I did buy her one new dress simply because a. It was less than $20, and b. It's for the party we're likely to get family photos out of.

The other 2 dresses she will be wearing are ones I bought her before she was born on clearance.

No big tutus, no custom birthday onesies, just dresses.

• I didn't even think about this. Probably just something he already has.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • She'll wear a dress for the party and her birthday suit when she eats her cake!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought him a polo with UF colors. He'll wear it with shorts he already had. Total for outfit? 10 dollars.
  • We are getting a shirt made by my friend and then he is just wearing shorts he ready has. No clothes for eating cake!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought him a pair of Tiger overalls and a shirt. They're khaki, have the logo in the middle, with a navy shirt that has the logo on the sleeve. I bought it off a mom to mom FB group for 8 bucks, new with tags.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• We are doing super casual. But the shirt will be from Etsy. I've never used that site before. But I came across these cute personalized shirts in our theme. Birthday girl will have a birthday one and DD1 will get one that says big sister. Then shorts for the bottom.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • We are having a pool party so probably some new shorts and t shirt. Nothing fancy.
  • I bought a onesie that says 'its my birthday' on sale at carters. Some shorts and that's a wrap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am gonna buy an design from Etsy to print and iron on myself!  They're like $10.  The embroidered stuff is a lot more.  I figured this is a nice and cute compromise cause I don't want to spend a ton either.

Here is the shop I found: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheTutuFairy 

Here is what I'm going with:

boy Sock Monkey Name AGE Birthday shirt 1st 2nd by TheTutuFairy, $9.99

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Something he already has.  His wardrobe is better than mine anyway, and everyone always buys him all these cute clothes that seem to nice to wear on our usual go to the supermarket days.
    image image
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    I bought L a ladybug shirt from Etsy since that was her party theme. She also started the party wearing a ladybug diaper.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We are doing a Mickey Mouse Beach theme. I plan on dressing him in black and white plaid shorts and a red polo that we already own for pictures and running around. He has a red and black swimsuit he will wear for the kiddie pool and sprinkler. We cloth diaper so for smash cake time I will have him in a red diaper. So basically no cutsie mickey or birthday themed outfits but all his stuff will be the theme colors.

On hos actual birthday we have a tee shirt handed down from my cousin that says Birthday Boy or Look who's one. I forget which that he will wear since his birthday is mid week and we most likely won't do anything out of the ordinary since daddy will be working.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mom is a seamstress so she is making DD a dress similar to this. I spent maybe 15 dollars on the fabric. If I didn't know someone who sewed, I probably would have bought something from Gymboree.

• She will wear a dress she already has, probably the one my niece wore on her first birthday.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We are doing an Ole Miss tailgate theme. DS is wearing an Ole Miss football jersey with the number 1 on it and navy blue shorts.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"