Babies: 3 - 6 Months

S/O sleep through the night question

Just curious: for you ladies that have magical STTN babies, where does your LO sleep? Where were they sleeping when they started STTN?

My little guy still sleeps in his RnP next to the bed because he wakes up 3-4 times (kill me) most nights. So I would hate having to get up and go farther than a step out of bed numerous times a night. But wondering if it would help if he were in his own room.

Re: S/O sleep through the night question

• my little one sleeps in the same room as me and my husband but he sleeps on the other side of the room where he cannot see us. and as I stated on your other post I gave you a way to have him sleep all night.
  • I'd call my DS on the cusp of STTN, last night we got 7 hours for his first sleep; previous nights this week were 4-6 hours.  DS has slept in his crib in his room since day 1.  That being said, he doesn't really want to sleep or get up when he wakes in the morning.... from 5am to 9am we're up on and off the whole time (unless we lie down together and he snuggles and nurses from me).

Naps are a whole nother story.  he hardly naps in his room, mostly in his stroller or car seat.  only seems to nap when we are on the go.  So, we're off to head out for the afternoon now. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Vivi sleeps swaddled in her crib right now and STTN 6-10 hours straight usually.  She started in the bassinet insert from the pack and play with no swaddle - we used to just sit it in her crib.  Once she was too long to stretch out in it, which I suspected was causing her to wake up more frequently, she was switched to the swaddle straight on the crib mattress and there was no transition issue.  My next goal is to get her consistently sleeping 8-10 hours straight and then to stop swaddling.  She wakes up for one MOTN feeding more often than not right now, but I can't complain since I remember what it was like when she woke up every hour . . .

• imagemommy+of+4:
    my little one sleeps in the same room as me and my husband but he sleeps on the other side of the room where he cannot see us. and as I stated on your other post I gave you a way to have him sleep all night.

Your advice was basically to force him on an eating and sleeping (keeping him awake and then even waking him up from naps) schedule, yes? Pretty much everything I have read and experienced says contrary to that. That is great that it works for you right now, but I do not plan to do that.

• DD started STTN in her room in the RNP while swaddled. We have since moved her to her crib without the swaddle in her room as well. We are on vacation and she has sttn in her pnp in the same room as us.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• CellisCellis member
    DS sleeps in his crib in his room. He started STTN around 5 months and sleeps 10-12 hours a night. This would never happen if he was in our room since we go to bed after him. He's been in his room since he was around 2 months old. I use to sleep in the recliner in his room when he woke up several times throughout the night, that way I didn't have to go too far to feed him. So I understand wanting your LO close. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • My LO sort of STTN... He generally does a 7-8 hour stretch, so depending on what time I put him down, he is up between 4 and 6 or so. He sleeps in his own room in his crib and has since he was less than a week old. I EBF but when he was still waking more to eat, DH would get the baby, change him, and bring him to me to feed in bed. Then I would put him backin his crib after the feeding. Now it's really a nonissue. The only reason we had him In his crib so early is that he HATED his bassinet for some reason, but it ended up working great for us. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Ginny has been STTN (8ish to 5ish) for a few weeks. She sleeps in her crib in her room. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• DD sleeps in our room in a cradle. She sleep from 6pm until 5/6am. We are lucky, she's been doing this for almost a month now. We are transitioning her to her own room and crib next week. 
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• DS has STTN since about 6 weeks, and been in his crib since Day 1 as well. I think we're just lucky. Although he did gain weight rather quickly (over 14lbs at 2 mo, born 7lb 9oz)

I know when he was on the cusp of STTN, but his only wake up was around 4am, I would just bring him to bed with us. He would nurse there, and stay asleep instead of waking up. 

• She has slept through the night between 7 or 8 weeks and in her RNP
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • In her crib, after CIO is when she starting STTN. I think learning how to self soothe helps to keep them from fully waking up when they stir in the MOTN. She will cry around 1am, for maybe 5 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Guess we got really lucky- LO has been STTN (8pm-4am) since 8 weeks and now sleeps 8pm-6am (could be later but we wake her at 6 to keep her on a schedule for when I go back to work in the fall). LO started in the RnP, but we transitioned her to her crib right around 6-7 weeks and since then, that is where she sleeps. I did a lot of work and a lot of restless nights but it has definitely paid off now! 
  • alakealake member

DD1 and DD2 never slept through the night until roughly 12 months.

DD3:  We traveled to Ireland when she was 2 months and a week old.  We were gone six weeks.  We got home and she started to go to sleep at 8 PM and wake up at 6 AM, nurse and go back to sleep for a few more hours.  She slept in our room until five weeks.  She is now 10 months, at six months she dropped the 6 am feed.

We have custody of two.

Logan, who is two years and 4 months, didn't sleep through the night until he came to live with us.  I got him on a nightly routine, and it worked and he started sleeping through the night.

Mallorie, is four months.  She shares a room with DD3.  She started the same 8 PM - 6 AM sleep routine a little earlier, about 3 months.  I am assuming she will drop the 6 am feed in a couple of months.  

I am expecting some sleep regression on all fronts.  We leave Saturday for two weeks in Italy.  Travel seems to mess with all their routines, including my oldest two.

• DD1 STTN from about 6-6 or 7-7 when she was 4.5 months old in the bassinet, unswaddled. She had no problems moving to the crib at 5 months either.

DD2 was waking up 1-2 times per night unswaddled in the bassinet. I moved her to the crib last week because she was getting too big for the bassinet. She didn't really have a problem moving to the crib, but she now consistently wakes up twice a night. I am hoping it is a phase related to her age. She has been too distracted to eat well during the day and I think she really needs those two night feedings.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• My DS slept through the night at 6 weeks, my DD slept through the night at 8 weeks.  Interestingly enough, they both started sleeping through the night when I moved them from my room into their own room.  Babies are very noisy sleepers.  I *think* they were fussing in their sleep, and I was actually waking them up thinking they were hungry.  After they were out of my immediate earshot, those grunts and rustlings didn't wake me up, and I didn't wake them up to feed them.  The rooms are close enough that I was able to hear them if they started crying.  Maybe try moving your LO out of your room, and see if that makes a difference.

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member

My 4 month old sleeps in her crib in her room.  She sleeps 6:30pm-6:30am and again from 7-9ish most mornings.

BUT she wakes to eat at 8:30, 10:30 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 and 6:30 HA!  Sometimes she now skips the 12:30 feed so I get 4 hrs of sleep.

She has bad reflux so smaller feeds is better and she is done in 4-6min (Breastfed, 2-3 oz a feed). She goes right back to sleep so I am only up 10min max.  She was born 5 weeks early (after 4 weeks of preterm labor) so I have been too happy that she has no major complications to try and change her natural schedule.

She puts herself to sleep with no tears and self soothes so pretty sure she is in fact hungry.  I swear she takes after her engineer daddy who is all about schedule and order.  Ask him if he's hungry at 11:45am and he's not...but come 12:05 he's STARVING cause he missed lunch time!!  She already shows signs of being the same way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"