September 2013 Moms

DMV Picture

I realize it is not rational how bothered I am by this.

Today I went to the DMV to finally change my last name. Better three years late than never! Anyhow, I consider myself to be a pretty cute lookin' pregnant lady, but I peeked around to look at the screen after my picture was taken and OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I almost didn't recognize the squinty eyed, chunky chipmunk face that smiled back at me from the monitor!!! I didn't have the guts to ask for another photo, just mumbled my thanks and trudged home.

All I can think of is now I have to live with this chubby stranger's picture for the next ten or however many years.

I feel like a jerk admitting this, but hopefully someone can relate!

Re: DMV Picture

• I think DMV photos are purposely made to be the most unflattering photos ever.....
  • imageatorrrres:
    I think DMV photos are purposely made to be the most unflattering photos ever.....

lol, this. DMV pictures are awful!!! 

Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Loading the player...
  • They all suck!!!
  • Haha I've had my license pic for 6 yrs now and it's me when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. Yeah I totally get where you're coming from. 

You know you can call the DMV to schedule a photo re-do but it costs around $12. If it bothers you a ton maybe you should give it a shot a few months after you deliver. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageluminousbluestar:
    Haha I've had my license pic for 6 yrs now and it's me when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. Yeah I totally get where you're coming from.nbsp;You know you can call the DMV to schedule a photo redo but it costs around 12. If it bothers you a ton maybe you should give it a shot a few months after you deliver.nbsp;

I'm hoping by the time my license arrives I can get over myself, lol, but the 12 redo info is nice to know! Thank you!

• I had to get my picture taken at DMV when I was 7 months pregnant with LO 1. I was pretty chunky in the face. I hated that picture. Luckily I moved to another state a year later and had a new picture taken.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • One time I sneezed right before they took the pic... You can only imagine how beautiful that turned out
  • want to see my not pregnant picture? seriously. I swear it will make you feel better!
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • They are always so awful! Luckily at my DMV they let you take as many as you want.  I decided quit after about 4...they were all bad. 
  • Right before I got pregnant I went and changed my address. I really liked my pic, but they sent it to the wrong address and of course they person who received it did not send it back. Now, here I am 7 months and I refuse to go take a new pic again and the won't just resend it to me!
  • Ahhh I know what you mean!!! My license expired and so in my new photo I'm 6 months pregnant.... All I can say is woah! And to think I won't get a new one until 2017 :-(  oh well, whose gunna see it anyway right?!

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• When we were applying for our apartment, the girl behind the desk actually laughed out loud and said "sorry, this is the worst one I've seen" to my husband.  It's true, he looks like a convict or something in his picture! It's too funny because he's so clean cut looking usually, but his eyes have dark circles, his face looks unshaven, etc.  It's like their cameras have special powers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"