November 2012 Moms

What are you guys doing for the 4th?

Are you doing anything special with LO? Are you preparing anything good for a BBQ? How is LO reacting to the fireworks already?

We plan on staying home most likely, having a little BBQ of our own. All of our family will be out of town racing and we don't really want to make the trip. I plan on making some steaks on the grill, crack potatoes (ranch potatoes), deviled eggs, and I am making my famous chocolate chip cream cheese cupcakes. Also, we bought some stuff for s'mores because lets face it, you cant not have s'mores on the 4th!

Our neighbors have already been shooting fireworks off by our house. Thankfully we have ear-muffs for him that he wears at the race track so it will make the noises not so loud, but he doesn't know what to think about those bright fountains! Also, he isn't sleeping well because they are still shooting them off past his bed time, so its been a long week lol

Also, for those that follow my blog (ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com) there is a new blog post up! For the mommies that make their own baby food, this is a must!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

Re: What are you guys doing for the 4th?

• You just made me want s'mores. Ha. Sounds like a great day you have planned. Can I come??! Lol.

We're planning on taking O to the pool and grilling out with some friends buuuut there is a 90 chance of rain. Boo. As for fireworks... skipping them this year because it's way passed LO's bedtime. Well and because it will probably be rained out.

• imageAM85:
    You just made me want s'mores. Ha. Sounds like a great day you have planned. Can I come??! Lol. We're planning on taking O to the pool and grilling out with some friends buuuut there is a 90 chance of rain. Boo. As for fireworks... skipping them this year because it's way passed LO's bedtime. Well and because it will probably be rained out.

Oh no! I hope it doesn't rain so you can enjoy your day at the pool! I wish we could get a bit of rain so I don't have to worry about my neighbors catching my yard on fire because everything is so dry here in Kansas!

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Our boat broke down last weekend, and it doesn't look like the mechanic will have time to fix it. =0(

So, we'll just be hanging out and eating some tasty food.

I'm sooo worried about the fireworks, because the ones on the Fourth go off really close to our house.  I'm sure they'll wake him, and I'm scared he'll be freaked out.  Last year, when I was preg, obvi, he was freaked out and kicking up a storm!

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Nothing. Well, I take that back.. We will probably find somewhere they will be shooting off fireworks and take LO. But other than that nothing..
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• we will do the local parade ecasue its so cute and small town.. then either BBQ here or possible BBQ at a friends house

The past few moths SO's brother has been super distant and kinda weird with us sooooo he's either passively aggressively angry about something or just doesn't have the desire to hang out with us.... it sucks cuz I know it hurts SO.......but what can we do other than wait it out

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• jg1011jg1011 member

We plan on going to a friend's house for a BBQ earlier in the day and home in the evening. My MIL is having some friends over, so I am sure we will spend some time outside with them so they can ohh and ahh over Vincent for my MIL.

I am a little nervous about the fireworks but given his reaction and then easy adjustment to the noise at the Yankee game, I am hoping he will be okay. Not sure how this will effect sleep.....thunder woke him tonight. So who knows?

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just another day for us. I'm working and LO is going to bed at 6:30. I'm going to get irrationally irritated with my neighbors for setting off fireworks. They'be been doing it for weeks already, but tomorrow it will be constant and go late into the night. I think we'll all be sleeping with white noise apps on and hopefully that will help.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm working all day, and dealing with people who are bitter about working all day.  I'm sure FI will take Bird to do something fun with his family, or they'll just lounge around in their underoos playing Xbox.  After we kick everyone out of the store, we'll go watch fireworks.

I was worried about the fireworks until we went to Disney.  He either slept through them, or was fascinated.  The noise really didn't bother him.  Thank goodness.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • zmosszmoss member
    If I haven't lost my mind by then we will be heading into the parade in town. There is a street dance tonight but I don't know if I will go. Fireworks are way past LO's bedtime so probably not.
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • DH is on-call all week so we can't go far. Asa and I may go to a friends for a BBQ tomorrow around lunch and the fireworks in the ciy are tonight. It's past his bedtime but we are still gonna go. He will either sleep through them, watch them and like them, or be really upset because he is tired and it's noisy. We'll see!

• We are going to my sisters for swimming, BBQ, and fireworks. So excited!!!! And we are making a peach sangria for the first time. We saw the recipe on pinterest and it sounded so refreshing. Not sure how LO will do with the fireworks but hopefully fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are going to be playing outside and hanging out at home. The most we will do is hit up the park for some playtime. We don't plan on seeing fireworks. We are planning to head to the IL's this weekend. So, nothing exciting or out of the ordinary.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Playing outside and going for a hike. Nothing too exciting, just spending time with  our little family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"