1st Trimester

New baby on the way!

Hi everyone!

My name is Melanie and I'll be joining you as much as I can. :) 

Dr. confirmed today that I am on week 5! Ultrasound next week. It seems early but I won't question my doc.

My husband and I have been trying for a year and a half, we just couldn't believe it and started crying. I was going to surprise him with a cookie cake (gave him one on our first date) but I was shaking and smiling too much. He was mowing, I went outside. Something RIGHT then uninstalled from his phone. Perfect timing. I said, "Well.. I know of something that IS installed..." and showed him the pregnancy stick. Whoop!

Funny, because now we are a statistic. My husband and I are new foster parents! Seems like that always happens to foster and/or adopting families, huh?! We plan on continuing because it's God's plan for us.

We'll be telling both sets of parents this week/weekend since they live far away and we are finally planning to go see them. Also telling close friends since they will support us through this and if -God forbid- something may happen.

Congrats to everyone here! When did it set in for you??

Re: New baby on the way!

• Congratulations!!! What a wonderful blessing! We found out last week Friday that we are expecting our second child and I don't think it has set in yet because we haven't told anyone yet. Our family also lives far away and planning on telling them when we go visit in September! If we an keep it a secret for 10 more week! God bless you and your family and the tiny bundle of joy!
  • Congratulations and welcome! That actually happened to my parents too, they tried for 6 years, ended up adopting my brother, and found out my mom was PG about 6mo later.
    I found out when I was about 5w!

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • congratulations!!! That's wonderful news!!!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Congratulations! :) Also, thanks for being foster parents too! Heavens knows good ones are needed. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"