December 2010 Moms

Having both kids... I am a wimp!!

Reese has been in daycare during my maternity leave while I stay home with Charlie and so far that has really been exactly what everyone needs. (I had a c/s so I can really focus on recovery, plus Charlie is high maintenance like his sister and doesn't sleep much unless he's being held). On top of that, Reese just really NEEDS the interaction and structure of daycare (it's very much run like a pre-school and she just loves it).

Anyway, I feel like such a wimp but I am actually scared to have both kids on my own this evening while DH runs on the treadmill. It will only be about an hour and a half between his run and shower, but I am kind of terrified!

Yes, I know I am a wimp and those of you who SAH with 1+ kids are seriously my hero! Charlie is just so fussy when he's awake and has to change positions constantly and walk around a lot and playing with Reese while I attend to that is something I haven't had to juggle yet. Not to mention the fact that she likes to climb on my lap and crowd us when I have to nurse him... I see some TV in our future. ;)

Re: Having both kids... I am a wimp!!

• Haha - wait 'till you have to do bathtime/bedtime by yourself!  That's what really knocked me over!

Now that both my kids can walk they will literally run in opposite directions. Madness I tell ya!

image   image

• You can do it! Tv isn't a bad thing either, plenty of us have and still do use it when necessary to help keep us sane.
    I stay home with the boys a lot and we do just fine during the day we have our groove and such, but I really dislike doing bedtime routines on my own. I have only done it a couple of times with A and once with both kids but I really try to not have to do it on my own. I don't even think I could without tv help. Poor H though I have always worked nights or evenings so he's gotten used to it but I know in the beginning A did watch a couple shows prior to bedtime while H tended to J and baby J was in the swing a ton so A could get his bath and stories in for bedtime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • At 3 days PP, my DH announced he was headed to work!  I lost it, sobbing.  I can't imagine what he was thinking.  He called in for a week. :)  N went to daycare for 8 weeks too and it was lovely.  The weekends were rough though (DH works weekends.)  We watched a lot of TV too.  Nate learned to identify all the letters from Super Why...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You will be fine! Use the TV or a snack if you need to and at least you will have help for bedtime

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • I was terrified to take care of both kids by myself after DH went back to work.  G watched a lot of tv but nowadays its so much fun with both of them.  This too shall pass =).
  • imageEMO-mamma:

Haha - wait 'till you have to do bathtime/bedtime by yourself!  That's what really knocked me over!

This prospect terrifies me. 

PGASTL, I'm sure you'll do fine. I remember the anxiety over being by myself with Nora when she was a newborn... but this must be like 4x that! 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that one hour will be a perfect way to get your feet wet so to speak, without being totally overwhelming. You can do it, mama!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lrn327lrn327 member
    PGA, you can do it!!  Think how proud of yourself you will be when you've done it too.  Hugs!  (And admittedly, this post terrifies me, and I will now run screaming out....)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The TV was on sooooo much during those first few months of having 2 kids. I felt super guilty about it at the time, but tried to remind myself that it was just a temporary thing. Now there are definitely days when we never turn on the TV.

Good luck! You can do it!!!!

• PGASTLPGASTL member
    Well I survived!!! It actually went faster than I though. Reese was a bit mad when I couldn't do a big floor puzzle with her so I put Charlie down and of course he immediately woke up so that was frustrating but all in all..... I made it! Phew.

Thank for all the commiseration!

• imageEMO-mamma:

Haha - wait 'till you have to do bathtime/bedtime by yourself!  That's what really knocked me over!

Now that both my kids can walk they will literally run in opposite directions. Madness I tell ya!

lol, I feel the same way!  I do bed/ bath plus am all day by myself at least 3 times a week!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha, yeah, it's definitely a learning experience! I was home alone with them all day for 6 months and now it's started again now that I am home for the summer. You figure out little tricks! Also, number 2 gets put down A LOT more than number 1!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"