Breastfeeding
Options

Pumps: Medela vs. Ameda

My insurance company contracts with a DME that gives me a choice between the Medela Advanced and the Ameda Purely Yours. As a FTM, I'm not really sure which one to go for. Any advice or suggestions? Reviews of either would be great! 

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times - I scrolled back a couple of pages and didn't see anything similar.  

married 6.17.06
daughter born 9.27.13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Pumps: Medela vs. Ameda

• Options
    Get the Medela.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have both and highly recommend the Medela!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Medela
  • Options
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours and I'm not happy with it. My job provides the Medela Symphony and it's pretty good! At home I have a hospital grade Ameda pump.

• Options
    Medela.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I find the Medela flanges to be way more comfortable. I used an Ameda in the hospital and hated it.
  • Options

I had the same options from the medical supply company my insurance co suggested. I chose the Medela, and after following up 10 days past the promised date I followed up... Apparently the Medela was on back order and nobody bothered to tell me/call me.  I had been renting a hospital grade pump since I had a preemie but needed to return it to avoid another $80 charge.  I EP, so I bit the bullet and got the Ameda, I'm surprisingly happy with it.  

In the event that Medela pumps are hard to come by right now, the Ameda has been great for me, and I use it 8-10 times per day. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I used an Ameda 5 years ago for DS and am using a Medela now for DD.  Ameda may have changed the machine recently because people seem to have more issues with it, but I don't see a huge difference between the 2 I have.  With the Ameda you can control more of how the pump works instead of having 1 set speed.  I was expecting the Medela to be much more exciting the way people speak of it, but I still have to do compressions to get the milk out and it takes me the same length of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"